Medical A treatment for Cancer to replace Chemotherapy

Ryan_m_b

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
I don't have to decide anything, or push the universe into impossible situations because the universe is very good doing that on its own.
By definition the universe is not good at impossible situations. Furthermore this isn't really an answer to the very real question of how such a set up would ever actually come about.
On the other hand, obviously, Romeo and Juliet wouldn't get you heartened either because, hey! come on! The ending is contrive and backwards and needs a horrendous amount of plot!
Suicide for a dead lover isn't contrived at all, but regardless this is irrelevant. The merits and flaws of other stories do not alter the flaws of your proposed scenario.
I guess, after all, that to be heartened you need a heart first.
Baffling logic aside consider this a warning to watch your attitude. When asking people more knowledgable on a subject than you are to help you out you shouldn't get snarky when you don't like their answers.

Now unless there is anything more to discuss regarding the biology of this premise I think we're done here.

By definition the universe is not good at impossible situations. Furthermore this isn't really an answer to the very real question of how such a set up would ever actually come about.
Anyone would understand what "impossible situation" meant in that context. Anyone without an autistic personality, that is.

Suicide for a dead lover isn't contrived at all, but regardless this is irrelevant. The merits and flaws of other stories do not alter the flaws of your proposed scenario.
You made it relevant, I don't remember asking you if my plot makes you feel heartened. And the fact they kill themselves is not contrived but the way they do it absolutely is, sure, I am assuming you've read the story, I hope I am not assuming too much now as well.

Baffling logic aside consider this a warning to watch your attitude. When asking people more knowledgable on a subject than you are to help you out you shouldn't get snarky when you don't like their answers.
I am a very nice person, and regardless how much more I know about a subject I never intellectually bully anyone. If you don't want to answer my questions that's fine, but if you do you be polite. And although I am nice, whether you are a MENTOR, and ADMIN or the Queen of England I can take rudeness so much.

I don't appreciate anyone calling my thoughts experiments "Border line Nazi" as someone else did and I was expecting more from you considering you describe yourself in your profile as "I'm a sociable guy who loves debating and learning." So check on that one.

Now unless there is anything more to discuss regarding the biology of this premise I think we're done here.
Absolutely.

Ryan_m_b

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
You made it relevant, I don't remember asking you if my plot makes you feel heartened.
I didn't say anything about your plot, I was talking about your attempt at writing your plot backwards. As I explained: you seem to have come up with a scene (woman dying in remote location, man saves her by cycling her blood through him) and are looking for any vague rationalisation for this inspite of all the legitimate criticisms.
I am a very nice person, and regardless how much more I know about a subject I never intellectually bully anyone.
Not seeing the post where anyone accused you of bullying...
If you don't want to answer my questions that's fine, but if you do you be polite. And although I am nice, whether you are a MENTOR, and ADMIN or the Queen of England I can take rudeness so much.
Also not seeing where I wasn't polite unless you are very sensitive about recieving criticism (in which case best of luck; you'll need it).
I don't appreciate anyone calling my thoughts experiments "Border line Nazi" as someone else did
Actually they were saying that experimenting on humans by cycling blood from one person to another reminded them of Nazi medical practices. If you look into the history of that and the progression of ethics of human experimentation over the time since you'd appreciate why.
and I was expecting more from you considering you describe yourself in your profile as "I'm a sociable guy who loves debating and learning." So check on that one.
So because I have legitimate criticisms of your idea that you can't seem to accept in a mature fashion my description of myself is somehoe contradicted? Right...going to have to disagree with you on that one and call your statement a non sequitur.
Absolutely.
Glad we agree, thread locked.