• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products via PF Here!

A university blunder has messed up my undergraduate result, and I may end up taking a gap year because of it

There's an update. I just rechecked my results now (it's about 10pm here) and it has been updated. As the re-evaluation would still take a lot longer, cause my paper is in a different college, they have increased my grade to the bare minimum to pass on the basis of my internal grades in CD and my previous performances. At least, this resolves the issue of my registration into an M.Sc program for the time being. The complete re-evaluation should still take a lot longer. So, I would just need to wait until then.

:smile::smile::smile:Thanks for being so helpful and supportive. It really helped me a lot. I will be updating when the paper is re-checked again.

Um, as asked by other posts, why did you not query your test's scoring more promptly.
I did query my teachers promptly. I did talk to my CD teacher the very next day though, he asked me to apply for re-evaluation and said that they would try what they can do, well knowing that it would still take a min. of two months (from what I heard from my peers, that's always the case). Honestly, he wasn't helpful; standard procedures aren't helpful in critical situations such as mine. The thing is the result was out around mid-night on Friday and the examination block is closed on Saturdays and Sundays. Any kind of progress wouldn't have been possible for 2 days. So, that's why I came here asking for some advice. I was full of despair then.

But, the teacher who helped me out didn't even teach me CD. He has taught me QM previously, so he was well acquainted with me and my performance. He pulled some strings and got a meeting with the Dean arranged for me (however short it might have been). I can only call this fate. I was seriously lucky.