Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A Very British UFO Hoax

1. Jan 13, 2004 #1
    Im suprised nobody has brought this one up yet, it just goes to show how easy it is to fool people into thinking they saw a saucer from outer space. Admittedly I would have been a bit freaked out if I saw it.
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 14, 2004 #2

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Really, the article claims that hardly anyone was fooled.

Hey username, let us know what you think if you see the show: Was anyone fooled?
  4. Jan 21, 2004 #3
    Hi, I saw the show and I think it would have fooled just about anybody who saw it. It got onto the national bbc news. Its the only realistic? ufo hoax I have ever seen. Would be well worth a look at the documentary if you can get your hands on it.

EDIT: From what I remember lots of people were fooled
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2004
  5. Jan 21, 2004 #4

Yep. Plenty of people were taken in.

What was most interesting was the way that almost immediately, the story began to get embellished. Eyewitnesses began to talk about the saucer being "50 ft across", or there being 3 saucers, or about the saucer landing, of it opening up at some stage, of it attempting to communicate and so on.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?