1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A very easy Pendulum.Give me advice

1. Apr 13, 2012 #1
    A very easy Pendulum.Give me advice!!

Recently I and my teacher worked on this lab report to the simple pendulum and that we did an play around where we boosted the max theta about the increments of 5 diplomas, while keeping how big the sting exactly the same. We started following a 5 degrees and frequented 45 degrees. In some manner the periods manage to increase slighty once we increase the limit theta. I am already wondering if it is because the drag force or if that our mistake. I think we should have a similar period independent as the angle because i was told that T=2π √(L/g) as well as proved this. As the period, T depends the free autumn accelleration and the amount of the string, that doesn't change throughout my business experiment, shouldnt that time for all max angles the actual same? I am thinking that air resistance comes in, but I am unsure how. We haven't discovered that yet and because this is my first physics class ever and i'm very stumped. Interesting help? Plz pm me or reply.Maybe u get rewarded.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 13, 2012 #2

pcm

Re: A very easy Pendulum.Give me advice!!

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/pendl.html

this link might help you.and yes air resistance may be among other factors.

you should expect around 4% deviation at 45 degrees,as compared to the small angle formula

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook