Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A Website

1. May 15, 2009 #1
    I don't know how many of you will have seen this before:
    http://www.cchr.org/
    I really can't believe what they're saying. I know that there are people who believe this- I actually found out about this website from one of them.

2. jcsd
  3. May 15, 2009 #2

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

"CCHR was founded in 1969 by the Church of Scientology and the internationally acclaimed author, Dr. Thomas Szasz, Professor Emeritus of Psychiatry at the State University of New York Health Science Center, Syracuse."

No surprise there. Scientologists have a vicious and long-standing hatred of psychiatry. Szasz must have drank the Kool Aid.

4. May 15, 2009 #3
    Absolutely.
    All of their attacks on psycology come from examples dating back 30 or more years ago, and none of the damaging techniques are still used. In fact I think Walter Freeman was actually ostracised by the rest of the medical community.
    A major reason why people might be 'hooked' into believing this is because it seems so professional- it's not like someone just made it in a shed somewhere. In fact, the person I found this website from is a christian.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook