Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A wiki for equations

1. Jan 5, 2010 #1
    A colleague of mine just started a website called wikiquation.com. It's a searchable wiki-style database for equations. The database is currently quite empty, so it's not very useful as a search engine yet, but it allows anyone to add or edit an equation without creating a user account. I think the site has some serious potential, since it's pretty hard to find an equation on the internet unless it has a specific name (assuming you can remember it). His website allows you to use both words and variables as search input (using LaTeX for non-keyboard symbols). At the very least, it could be useful as a personal equation resource. I thought it was pretty cool, so I thought I'd share the link.

http://wikiquation.com" [Broken]

Since this website is a nonprofit and science-related, I believe this post falls within the forum rules on advertising (see below). If I have misinterpreted these rules, please remove my post and accept my apologies.

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 5, 2010 #2

tiny-tim

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Is there anything in it?

I just searched for ax^2+bx+c=0, and got nothing. :redface:

4. Jan 5, 2010 #3
    Yeah, they have some equations... I don't know if ^ works though because when I put in a^2+b^2=c^2 it doesn't show anything but if I just put in a it comes up Pythagorean Theorem. Then you can click on it and it explains all the variables etc.

I think this website is actually a great idea. Maybe later tonight if I get home early enough I'll try to add some more equations :)

5. Jan 5, 2010 #4
    Daniel, I don't see this as much of a resource yet. Please spend sometime in developing it. When ready you may re-post.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook