Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A windows error.

1. May 23, 2006 #1
    hello guys,i get this error:VmVyc2lvbjogV2xGQlhVSlFWRlphUkU1RFJrTlZKQ2xTT3lRN1ZpQXN.. very long error code.
    anyway this error ONLY appear when i access my E: it doesnt show anywhere else. It get really annoying. it keep coming bak when u click submit error to microsoft or exit. It doesnt seem to go away. unless... if i get out of my E:
  2. jcsd
  3. May 23, 2006 #2

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

You don't actually think anyone understands what those error codes mean, right? We need a bit more information.
  4. May 23, 2006 #3
    sorry, but, can you paste the actual picture of an entire error?
  5. May 23, 2006 #4

Gold Member

What does he mean by 'E:'?
  6. May 23, 2006 #5

Gold Member

E: Drive

Of course that could be an optical drive, a hard drive, a floppy drive, or something else.
  7. May 23, 2006 #6
    sure. but im at school rite now. I didnt paste the code to expect u guys to understand it but to recognise it. I will post the image asap when i get home ofcourse.
  8. Jun 12, 2006 #7
    E: is a partitionon my hard disk. sorry it seem like the error is playign trick on me... the post i sed i wills end it after school. I came home and the error didnt came bak til 2 hrs ago.. now it not coming bak.. weird. please hold i will screen shot if it come again. thx for the replies so far
  9. Jun 12, 2006 #8
    I don't have an idea what this is, but if it appeared after 2 hours of using pc, there must something that causes it. Can you actually paste a piece of screenshot with an error? That would help much more, than just words.
  10. Oct 28, 2006 #9
    RE: very long error code

Hi, I have found many people with the same error, but so far no solutions that work. As far as I can tell, it's related to moving .avi files....

Here's a screenshot of what it looks like:

Attached Files:

11. Oct 28, 2006 #10
    do you have antivirus software?
  12. Oct 28, 2006 #11
    Yeah, looks like a virus to me. That error box looks suspiciously not like anything Windows would use.

If you don't have a virus scanner, I'd look into AVG or something.
  13. Nov 1, 2006 #12
    looks like some kind of debugging application hooking onto something or another you are running :bugeye:
  14. Nov 3, 2006 #13
    You have a virus, or a trojan. When you are downloading torrents, and warez be careful of what you open ;)
  15. Nov 3, 2006 #14
    Hi ekinnike ,
    I think ur computer is infected with a virus or some adware/malware. I can provide you with some solutions provided u answer the following:
    a) When does the problem occur ?
    b) Is your computer is connected to a network except internet?
    c) Which antivirus u use and do you update it regularly?
    d) Are you a computer novice or feel comfortable with tinkering with system settings?
  16. Nov 5, 2006 #15
    how about defragmenting the drive? maybe everything there's all over ht eplace and it needs sorting...What exactly does it say when you get the error? It could be a virus/trojan! Try some free anti virus software such as AVG!
  17. Nov 5, 2006 #16
    Defragmenting won't do anything for this problem. Pick up Ad-Aware and AVG, update their definitions, boot into safe mode and scan.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?