1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A windows error.

1. May 23, 2006 #1
    hello guys,i get this error:VmVyc2lvbjogV2xGQlhVSlFWRlphUkU1RFJrTlZKQ2xTT3lRN1ZpQXN.. very long error code.
    anyway this error ONLY appear when i access my E: it doesnt show anywhere else. It get really annoying. it keep coming bak when u click submit error to microsoft or exit. It doesnt seem to go away. unless... if i get out of my E:

2. jcsd
  3. May 23, 2006 #2

Alkatran

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

You don't actually think anyone understands what those error codes mean, right? We need a bit more information.

4. May 23, 2006 #3
    sorry, but, can you paste the actual picture of an entire error?

5. May 23, 2006 #4

DaveC426913

Gold Member

What does he mean by 'E:'?

6. May 23, 2006 #5

dav2008

Gold Member

E: Drive

Of course that could be an optical drive, a hard drive, a floppy drive, or something else.

7. May 23, 2006 #6
    sure. but im at school rite now. I didnt paste the code to expect u guys to understand it but to recognise it. I will post the image asap when i get home ofcourse.

8. Jun 12, 2006 #7
    E: is a partitionon my hard disk. sorry it seem like the error is playign trick on me... the post i sed i wills end it after school. I came home and the error didnt came bak til 2 hrs ago.. now it not coming bak.. weird. please hold i will screen shot if it come again. thx for the replies so far

9. Jun 12, 2006 #8
    I don't have an idea what this is, but if it appeared after 2 hours of using pc, there must something that causes it. Can you actually paste a piece of screenshot with an error? That would help much more, than just words.

10. Oct 28, 2006 #9
    RE: very long error code

Hi, I have found many people with the same error, but so far no solutions that work. As far as I can tell, it's related to moving .avi files....

Here's a screenshot of what it looks like:

Attached Files:

11. Oct 28, 2006 #10
    do you have antivirus software?

12. Oct 28, 2006 #11
    Yeah, looks like a virus to me. That error box looks suspiciously not like anything Windows would use.

If you don't have a virus scanner, I'd look into AVG or something.

13. Nov 1, 2006 #12
    looks like some kind of debugging application hooking onto something or another you are running :bugeye:

14. Nov 3, 2006 #13
    You have a virus, or a trojan. When you are downloading torrents, and warez be careful of what you open ;)

15. Nov 3, 2006 #14
    Hi ekinnike ,
    I think ur computer is infected with a virus or some adware/malware. I can provide you with some solutions provided u answer the following:
    a) When does the problem occur ?
    b) Is your computer is connected to a network except internet?
    c) Which antivirus u use and do you update it regularly?
    d) Are you a computer novice or feel comfortable with tinkering with system settings?

16. Nov 5, 2006 #15
    how about defragmenting the drive? maybe everything there's all over ht eplace and it needs sorting...What exactly does it say when you get the error? It could be a virus/trojan! Try some free anti virus software such as AVG!

17. Nov 5, 2006 #16
    Defragmenting won't do anything for this problem. Pick up Ad-Aware and AVG, update their definitions, boot into safe mode and scan.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?