1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

AA or Bachelor

1. Nov 7, 2013 #1
    Hello all, I'm attending a community college next year and majoring in physics. However, I can't decide whether to obtain a associates degree and then transfer to a 4 year university for my bachelors or, just transfer without an associates degree. I hear an AA is pretty much useless these days.

Any advice is much appreciated.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 7, 2013 #2
    It depends on whether or not you have any academic advantages in obtaining an associate or not. An associate in physics is next to useless for employment, but it could qualify you for some scholarships and/or guaranteed admissions to certain institutions.

In the state of Maryland, if you obtain your associate degree at a community college, your general education requirements, except a writing intensive course, are waived when you attend a 4 year institution.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook