About Energy in Applications, me.

In summary, Karmo is a second semester physics student who recently completed a course on Solar Energy and wants to invest in creating small solar kits and power banks. However, they feel they lack the necessary knowledge in subjects such as Thermodynamics, Electromagnetism, Quantum Physics, and Electronics, and are seeking advice on how to gain sufficient knowledge to make their projects possible. They have been researching and learning from online forums, but are now looking for specific book recommendations or guidance. They are specifically interested in improving the efficiency of energy transmission from battery to smartphone. The responder suggests that Karmo should pursue a formal education in electrical engineering in order to have a better understanding of electronics and improve their designs.
Karmo
Hi, I'm in second semester in physics at the university, sometime ago i take a course in "Solar Energy" in edx.org which I successfully passed, that encourages me to invest some money in almost home producing energy applications like, small solar kits and power banks, now I'm with all the things that i needed but recently hence that I'm on lack of knowledge in order to create devices that i will love to create also as do some research in this field.

I will not take some really needed subjects like: Thermodynamics, electromagnetism, quantum physics, electronics, an so on till next year or more.

Now i really want to get if this is possible by your experience the sufficient knowledge in order to make my projects possible, i asking you for your opinion and if you can suggest me some books or something, i would be very thankful.

Already read a lot of threads in this awesome forum, congrats i learned a lot since then.

This my first post.
Thank you again.

Karmo

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi Karmo, welcome to PF!

I'm sorry to say it, but I'm having some trouble understanding you. Can you clarify what it is your looking for? Perhaps give some specifics on what 'devices' you want to create?

Thanks for your reply Drakkith, you're right I didn't focused my question, well i think probably the subject that need more is: Electrotechnics, and something deep in Solid state chemistry for batteries or energy storage.

Thanks a lot.

Karmo

I don't know what 'electrotechnical' is. Are you working with anything having to do with electronic circuits or electricity? If so, then you need to learn basic electronics. Things like what voltage, current, and resistance are.

Likes Karmo
I'm home producing PV systems for small appliances, I'm trying to also to produce "mobile power banks" for smartphones an so on, but i want to improve the portability and get better efficiency in energy transmission from battery to smartphone.

Thank you

Karmo said:
I'm home producing PV systems for small appliances, I'm trying to also to produce "mobile power banks" for smartphones an so on, but i want to improve the portability and get better efficiency in energy transmission from battery to smartphone.

Thank you

You really, really need to get formally educated in electronics then. Electrical engineering specifically. You don't have a prayer of improving current technology or designing anything other than basic circuits unless you get a formal education in that area.

Ok I'm going to consider, thank you for the advice.

Karmo

1. What is energy?

Energy is defined as the ability to do work or cause change. It exists in many forms, such as kinetic, potential, thermal, and chemical energy.

2. How is energy used in everyday applications?

Energy is used in various ways in our daily lives, from powering our homes and transportation to manufacturing goods and providing services. It is also used in smaller applications, such as charging electronic devices or cooking food.

3. What are some renewable sources of energy?

Renewable energy sources are those that can be replenished naturally and are not depleted with use. These include solar, wind, hydro, geothermal, and biomass energy.

4. How can we reduce energy consumption?

There are several ways to reduce energy consumption, such as using energy-efficient appliances and light bulbs, turning off electronics when not in use, and properly insulating buildings. Conserving energy not only helps to save money but also reduces our impact on the environment.

5. How does energy impact the environment?

The production and use of energy can have significant impacts on the environment, including air and water pollution, deforestation, and climate change. It is important to consider the environmental consequences of our energy choices and strive for more sustainable solutions.