1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

About free energy

1. Oct 28, 2009 #1
    Hi to all!

I'm new in this forum and i would like to share some thoughts with you guys!

i'm 40 years old and i'm thinking on create a motor with magnetic materials which will provide me electricity for my house!

i need some help with what materrials i have to buy and what dimensions i have to use and all kind of plans that i have to make

you see i'm just a keyboardist and i don't know anything about those things!
    but i'm really really interesting!!!

is anyone interested in this?

i would like to start as soon as possible this experiment!

i'm here to share all your thoughts and ideas :)

SirBlack

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 28, 2009 #2

Mech_Engineer

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You should know the following:
    1. There is no such thing as free energy
    2. Magnetic motors require work to create electricity, it can't be done for free

If you want alternative energy to supplement you house's power, your choices are wind and solar. Both choices have costs involved, but can be economical depending on your particular situation.

4. Oct 28, 2009 #3
    i think that this video will show you that magnetic energy can be done for free

i think i can convert magnetic power into electric power

SirBlack

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
  5. Oct 28, 2009 #4

Mech_Engineer

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

No it can't, you've been sucked into a crackpot claim that uses sloppy energy balances and incorrect assumptions. All of these theories stem from a misunderstanding of magnetic fields.

No free lunch for you, sorry.

6. Oct 28, 2009 #5

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'm afraid discussion of perpetual motion and free energy is a banned topic. It has been discussed many times before as you will see if you search the forum.

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=5374

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook