Exploring the Possibility of a Purely Parallel Magnetic Circuit

In summary: I will do my search and get back to youIn summary, the conversation is discussing the possibility of a purely parallel magnetic circuit, without any series or series-parallel components. The person asking the question suggests using Google Images to search for examples, but the other person argues that the image provided is not a purely parallel circuit. They also discuss the use of a core in a parallel circuit and the theoretical concept of a permeability of zero. The conversation ends with a request for a visual example of the circuit in question.
Aswin Sasikumar 1729
Is it possible to have a purely parallel magnetic circuit in any case?(it should not be a series or series-parallel circuit)

Engineering news on Phys.org
Aswin Sasikumar 1729 said:
Is it possible to have a purely parallel magnetic circuit in any case?(it should not be a series or series-parallel circuit)
Sure. Just use Google Images to search for Parallel Magnetic Circuit. Here is a typical image that you will see:

http://www.tutorhelpdesk.com/UserFiles/PARALLEL CIRCUITS.JPG
PARALLEL%20CIRCUITS.JPG

Sorry sir but this is not a purely parallel one.This is a series parallel circuit.
Yes I know you may oppose my statement,may be.But in a pure parallel circuit it must be coreless where the coil is wounded...I may not able to clarify it properly.But this is my best effort.sorry

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry sir but this is not a purely parallel one.This is a series parallel circuit.
Yes I know you may oppose my statement,may be.But in a pure parallel circuit it must be coreless where the coil is wounded...I may not able to clarify it properly.But this is my best effort.sorry
Well then can you use Google Images to show us what you are asking about?

berkeman said:
In fact my teacher told that there doesn't exist any magnetically parallel circuit.since there is no matter which has relative permeability as zero.So my real question is simply asking whether there is any material with relative permeability as zero...

is any material with relative permeability as zero
You will always have the permeability of free space μo. If electrons are moving there will always be a magnetic field. Theoretically, that field covers the entire universe and couples with electrons everywhere.

In practice, I think that E core shown above functions like a parallel circuit. But that may depend on your definition of parallel. Changing the right side of that core has a minimal effect on the left side circuit.

Last edited:
berkeman said:
I sense some Reluctance, :smile:

• Haha
Likes davenn, Tom.G, DaveE and 1 other person

1. What is a magnetic circuit?

A magnetic circuit is a closed path or loop through which magnetic flux flows. It is made up of a ferromagnetic material, such as iron, and can be used to guide and control the flow of magnetic fields.

2. How does a magnetic circuit work?

A magnetic circuit works by using a ferromagnetic material to concentrate and redirect the magnetic field. This allows for more efficient use of the magnetic flux and can increase the strength of the magnetic field in a specific area.

3. What are the components of a magnetic circuit?

The main components of a magnetic circuit are a ferromagnetic core, a source of magnetic energy (such as a magnet or electromagnet), and an air gap. Additional components may include coils, windings, and electrical connections.

4. What are the applications of magnetic circuits?

Magnetic circuits have a wide range of applications, including in motors, transformers, generators, and other electrical devices. They are also used in magnetic sensors, magnetic recording devices, and magnetic levitation systems.

5. How are magnetic circuits designed and analyzed?

Magnetic circuits are designed and analyzed using principles of electromagnetism, such as Ampere's law and Faraday's law. Computer simulations and modeling techniques are also commonly used to optimize the design of magnetic circuits for specific applications.