Overcoming Adversity to Pursue My Dream: A Student's Story

• Thread starter SANGHERA.JAS
  • Start date
In summary, Sanghera says that he is doing his undergrad. in physical sciences, which is a course that emphasizes physics, chemistry and mathematics equally. He got 74% in his first year and 57% next year, which is exactly 65%. He plans to drop a year off his study and prepare for entrance tests like the SAT and GMAT if he is confident that he will have his concepts clear by then.
SANGHERA.JAS
Hello everyone,
Thank you for taking time to read this post.
I am currently doing my under graduation in physical sciences in not so reputed college. I wanted to become a high energy physicist and wanted to do research in in the field of quantum gravity. As I have already mentioned my college is not very good, more emphasis is placed on getting high marks in the university by any means. Thus student resort to cramming. Naturally concepts of essentially all the students are not clear but they do get good marks. But I was a physics enthusiast. So I was not very happy with the system. But I still carry on as others. So I get nearly 74% marks. But next year I got frustrated. So I decided to change the way as I study. I left reading the books of the local authors and started reading the books of foreign authors. But I gradually lost the direction due to lack of any guidance. So the following year my marks drops to 57%.
Now I am in the third year. I have learned important lessons from my previous years and I hope I can get 70%+ marks this year, that is more than 65% in aggregate. Due disastrous last two years I planning to drop a year off my study, and prepare for various entrance tests like and making for my ignorance in last two years. I am pretty sure that I will have my concepts clear.
Now my question is, considering my past record do I stand, if any, chance of getting admission in a reputed institutes?
I will admire your views on these issues. Please be frank in your reply. I would like to have an honest picture of my future.
As it might have already very clear to you that your replies are very-very important to me.

Physics news on Phys.org
what is you mean by physical science ? You mentioned in your post that you are doing graduation in physical science. Is it physics or chemistry..which is more emphasized in your course ?

Rajini said:
what is you mean by physical science ? You mentioned in your post that you are doing graduation in physical science. Is it physics or chemistry..which is more emphasized in your course ?

I am doing undergrad. in physical sciences in which physics, chemistry and mathematics all are equally emphasized.
Thank you.
With Best Regards.
sanghera.jas

I would guess the cut off grades for basically any graduate school are probably higher than 65%.

CaptainQuaser said:
I would guess the cut off grades for basically any graduate school are probably higher than 65%.
I got 74% in first year and 57% next year that's exactly 65%. Will this work?

1. How did you overcome adversity to pursue your dream?

I faced multiple challenges throughout my journey, including financial difficulties, lack of support from family and friends, and self-doubt. However, I refused to let these obstacles hold me back and instead used them as motivation to work harder and prove to myself that I was capable of achieving my dream.

2. What inspired you to pursue your dream despite the adversity?

I have always had a passion for (insert dream here) and it was something that I could not ignore. Despite the challenges I faced, I knew deep down that I would not be happy or fulfilled unless I pursued my dream. This inner drive and determination kept me going even when things got tough.

3. What advice do you have for others facing adversity in pursuit of their dreams?

My advice would be to never give up. Adversity is a natural part of life, but it does not define us. Instead of seeing it as a roadblock, use it as a stepping stone to become stronger and more resilient. Surround yourself with supportive and positive people, and always believe in yourself and your abilities.

4. How has overcoming adversity shaped you as a person?

Overcoming adversity has made me a more determined, resilient, and empathetic individual. It has taught me the value of hard work, perseverance, and never giving up on my dreams. It has also allowed me to see the strength and resilience within myself and has given me the confidence to face any challenges that may come my way in the future.

5. What has been the most rewarding part of pursuing your dream despite the adversity?

The most rewarding part has been proving to myself that I am capable of achieving anything I set my mind to, despite the challenges that come my way. It has also been incredibly fulfilling to see my dream become a reality and to inspire others to never give up on their own dreams, no matter how difficult the journey may be.