Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

About Pi(x) function and price .

1. May 23, 2003 #1
    about Pi(x) function and price.....

Is there a price for getting the Pi(x) function of number theory?..where is the webpage..i think i have discovered a trick to calculate Pi(x) function in number theory..but i can not find someone or some webpage where to send it to.

2. jcsd
  3. May 23, 2003 #2
    Just out of curiosity, what is this Pi(x) function?

4. May 23, 2003 #3
    I think it's the totient function, the number of primes less than or equal to x. http://www.trnicely.net/pi/tabpi.html has some info on it.

5. May 23, 2003 #4

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Are you trying to sell your solution?

LOL

6. May 23, 2003 #5
    I think he means

"is there a prize".

7. May 24, 2003 #6
    isn't Pi(x) top index = n, bottom index = 0 defined to be: an * an-1 * .... * a0 ?

8. May 25, 2003 #7
    That's the product. It's something different. Pi(x) is a number theory thing. It's also called the Euler's Phi Function, or the totient of x. Pi(x) represents the number of relative primes to a given x.

Last edited: May 25, 2003
  9. May 25, 2003 #8
    I would seriously suggest letting someone check your solution before making any claims, as it is certainly not easy to derive mathematical proofs. If it seemed easy, then it may be flawed.

10. May 27, 2003 #9
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?