Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Medical About sexual urge

1. Feb 19, 2008 #1
    When young people suddenly see something that sexually hit them on, e.g a nude person on magazines, television,...even in the street.
    What happens inside their body i.e hormones most secreted ?
    Do those hormones exist in animal, like in a mouse, also ?
    Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 19, 2008 #2

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'm going to give a rather vague answer tonight (because it's nearly my bedtime), which is that a LOT of things happen, and it's not really a straightforward, easy answer. It also depends on which sex you're talking about. And, while there are species differences in responses, there are also many similarities across species as well.

Is there something more specific you had in mind that prompted this question that can help focus an answer? We teach entire courses on this subject, so you're asking a lot for a discussion forum response.

4. Feb 22, 2008 #3
    Thanks MoonBear,
    I find young people often get excited if they see their sex partners or their loved sexes undressing. There must be something inside near the belly button secreted and unbeathable moments, then there might be sighing of relax. I'd like to know if mice secret something similar too if they meets their lover, not until they have sexual intercourse.

Could you name some similarities across species in sexual responses ?

5. Feb 22, 2008 #4

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Ha, no, nothing near the belly button. Believe it or not, most of the reaction happens at the level of the brain. But, yes, in all mammals, arousal occurs prior to actual mating...it's rather a necessity. Mice are not monogamous at all, so any partner will generally do. Humans are a bit more discriminating.

6. Mar 5, 2008 #5

Mk

Also, as far as I know, it's not just young people. People of all ages have the arousal response.

7. Mar 5, 2008 #6
    Mk, yeah I am sure they do. I would hate to think after a certain age it suddenly stops :tongue:

8. Mar 5, 2008 #7
    Actually I would like to think it stops after, say... 60 :wink:

9. Mar 5, 2008 #8

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I don't think it's ever going to stop for Hugh Hefner. What is he .. 100 now?

10. Mar 5, 2008 #9
    Robots don't have ages lol

11. Mar 5, 2008 #10

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I don't think that you'll feel that way when you reach 60. :tongue:

12. Mar 5, 2008 #11

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

.. when he's strolling around the PF mansion in silk pajamas and a smoking jacket.:smile:

13. Mar 6, 2008 #12
    I come to collect information for my article, but nothing new at all :bored:

14. Mar 6, 2008 #13

Evo

Staff: Mentor

So Jekertee is Chipmank.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?