1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Studying About studying in physics

1. Apr 24, 2006 #1

Kit

i am not good in math but in physics there are many "beautiful" equations and calculations which are so complicated. i am always stuck by them when i am reading:cry: .

did u guys have the same situation before?

any ways to overcome it?? take some math courses:confused: ?

kit

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 24, 2006 #2

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I got an A in A-level physics and a D in A-level mathematics and through my university course I Always scored firsts on my Physics exams and normally around 50 percent on my mathematics exams. I don't know why but I've always been good at physics while being awful at maths. So you don't have to be good at maths to enjoy studying physics.

4. Apr 24, 2006 #3
    You don't have to be that good at the proof oriented part of mathematics but you better be good at calculations. At the end of the day you must be able to churn out numbers from the equations you use. Regardless of if they're algebraic, integral, differential or whatever equations.

5. Apr 25, 2006 #4

Kit

thanks u guys~~:smile:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?