Learn Physics: Beginner Guide to Mastering Physics

In summary, the speaker is a university student studying languages and self-studying other languages. They are interested in learning physics and would like guidance on what to study and in what order. They mention their previous education in physics, chemistry, and math, and their willingness to start from the beginning. They also express appreciation for any help or additional recommendations. The response is that there is no one set path in physics and it branches out into various subjects. A link is provided for potential guidelines on what to study.
Etzelaire
Hi, I am at University studying some languages and I study some others at home by myself. But physics seems very appealing to me and I would really appreciate if someone could make me a little walkthrough of what I should study from my point to the highest point (I know it is way far off but still I like to have definite paths in front of me).
Something like, I do not know, logarithms->algebra->classical laws ->lagrangians->hamiltonians
Some info... I studied physics, chemistry and maths until age 18, so my math got stuck at 2nd grade equations and logarithms. About physics, I studied photoelectric effect, some simple gravitational problem and I don't know how it is said in English but they were problems about throwing an object and calculating its speed, height, force...
Bottom line, I would start nearly from zero but with the correct books and my hunger of knowledge I can get it going. Any help will be appreaciated and if anybody would like to enlighten me with what things to study or what others can be learned as you go on are very welcome. Thanks in advance.

There's no highest point. It just branches out into lots of different subjects, like a tree, so it really depends on what you want to do.

Here's one possible set of guidelines:

http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/books.html

1. What are the basic concepts of physics?

The basic concepts of physics include motion, energy, forces, and matter. These concepts help us understand the behavior of objects and the natural world around us.

2. What are the different branches of physics?

There are several branches of physics, including classical mechanics, thermodynamics, electromagnetism, quantum mechanics, and relativity. Each branch focuses on specific aspects of the physical world and has its own set of principles and equations.

3. How can I improve my understanding of physics?

To improve your understanding of physics, it is important to practice solving problems and applying concepts to real-world situations. You can also read textbooks, watch educational videos, and participate in hands-on experiments to gain a deeper understanding of the subject.

4. What are some common misconceptions about physics?

One common misconception about physics is that it is only for geniuses or highly skilled individuals. In reality, anyone can learn and understand the basic principles of physics with dedication and practice. Another misconception is that physics only applies to large-scale objects, when in fact it also explains the behavior of particles at the atomic and subatomic level.

5. How can I apply physics in my daily life?

Physics has many practical applications in our daily lives, such as understanding how objects move and interact, how electricity and magnetism work, and how different forms of energy can be converted into one another. By understanding these concepts, we can make informed decisions and solve everyday problems more effectively.