Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

About the anti-LHC guy

1. Jun 14, 2008 #1
    He is Walter L. Wagner. I know it's pretty much a non-issue because CERN is going to ignore his lawsuit anyway, but he still disseminates incorrect information. Has anyone bothered to look at his credentials? I cam across an affidavit he swore in a Hawaii court were he claims to be a theoretical physicist. But he has is degree in biology and only a minor in physics. I'm doing a minor in math and but that doesn't make me a mathematician. Hell, even my degree in physics won't make me a physicist, only when I get my PhD then will I have a modicum of credibility. He also claims his work as a nuclear safety officer and his conversations with physicists give him the knowledge. And he also claims to have found a magnetic monopole...I'm not trying to be a troll, I'm genuinely concerned, not for CERN or the LHC, this guy is nothing to them, but for the general misinformation he's spreading, as I listened to the radio show he was on and the callers were actually becoming worried. Any thoughts?

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 14, 2008 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

4. Jun 14, 2008 #3

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I made a magnetic monopole once. I cut my magnet in half.

5. Jun 14, 2008 #4

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

6. Jun 14, 2008 #5

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Big deal - I made a magnetic tadpole.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?