Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

About Women

1. Mar 5, 2006 #1
    A girl that i never met in real life has rejected me brutally. She said occasionally things that i might consider encouraging. But then she disses me some more. She has said things like "you will never have a gf", " you need to lower your standards and get a girl in real life". i feel like no amount of money will ever get me near her:( and she's going to be a physicist:(

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 5, 2006 #2
    What is with you and all these dating threads? NO means NO, take a hint buddy.

4. Mar 5, 2006 #3

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Were you silly enough to think it would? She's clearly rejected you, and that's that. Move on. Considering what you've posted about your approaches to and views of women here, it's not really a surprise. Until you have respect for women, you're not going to find one willing to spend time near you let alone date you.

5. Mar 5, 2006 #4

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

anon, how did your mom and dad meet? Have you ever talked to them about this? what attracted them to each other?

6. Mar 5, 2006 #5
    Why are you chasing after someone you've never even met?

7. Mar 5, 2006 #6

Lisa!

Gold Member

Because she's going to be a physicist!

8. Mar 5, 2006 #7
    What, were you talking with her over the net at a forum or something?

9. Mar 5, 2006 #8
    Or because she's a forty year old man in his underwear that says he's going to be a physicist?

10. Mar 5, 2006 #9

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

11. Mar 5, 2006 #10

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Trust me.

Getting rejected in person is much worse.

12. Mar 5, 2006 #11
    I never talk to my parents about anything personal. That's what i have the internet for.. But I believe i can answer certain questions, because my parents sometimes say things while i pretend to be disinterested but i listen with both ears. They are from a foreign country, btw.
    My father was doing a ph.d. in physics at a university and he worked with my mom's brother, and he introduced him to my mother. And that was it. My mother found my father to be smart and attractive(because in other conversations she sometimes talks about certain people being attractive or not). I am not interested in knowing what qualities my father was looking for in a woman, but he would probably describe her as attractive and bossy.

Also, before my mom met my dad, she rejected a guy. He wanted her to move to usa with him. My parents are still friends with him. He is now a millionaire and still single at 50+. When my mom has fights with my dad, she sometimes says to him that she would've been happier if she didnt reject that guy 30 years ago (and my father while not a millionaire, is far from poor).

13. Mar 5, 2006 #12

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Well, if that's what your mom really says, and I was your father, I'd tell your mom to shove it. Your mom is clearly a ***** from the story you just told, and your dad should leave her to rot.

Have you ever talked to a girl in person?

14. Mar 5, 2006 #13
    yes, i still talk to her sometimes on the forum and on im. we have a long history.

15. Mar 5, 2006 #14
    my dad knows to keep quiet if he makes a woman angry. of course i talk to girls in real life, though not too much lately. and i dont like u.

16. Mar 5, 2006 #15

How can you have a long history with someone you've never met?

17. Mar 5, 2006 #16
    no, because she's hot.

i'm ugly. thats why im rejected.

18. Mar 5, 2006 #17
    do u look much like your avatar?

19. Mar 6, 2006 #18

Well thats dumb. Attractive women are a dime a dozen.

Are you hitting on MIH? :eek:

Seriously, though, to this whole thread I say: Wtf?

20. Mar 6, 2006 #19
    How old are you?

21. Mar 6, 2006 #20
    why doesnt she just completely ignore me if she doesnt like me? she sometimes talks to me on aim and on the forum:( she said on several occasions "you're funny". and i always thought that when she was insulting me, she was being playful. she likes to say "**** off", "loser". and she is so nice to everybody else:( i once thought she might've called me on the phone, because somebody was prank-calling me, but there is no proof that it was her. i wish she would give me a chance if i were to become rich. but i'll find out in the next 9months if i am to become rich, and i am afraid of that day, because i'll still get rejected:(

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?