Absorbed dose in phantom

• Thread starter shakilnur
  • Start date
In summary, to find the absorbed dose in a type of liquid that is a combination of different types, you can use the formula: Dose phantom = Dose air x ( mSwall / mSair ) x ( mass absorption coefficient phantom/ mass absorption coefficient of wall material ). The absorption coefficient for the mixture is proportional to the masses of the components in the mixture, so you would use the absorption coefficient for the specific amount of each component in the mixture. For example, if you have a solution with 100 g of salt and 900 g of water, you would use the absorption coefficient for 100 g of salt and the absorption coefficient for 900 g of water. This also applies to polymers - you would use the
shakilnur
Dose phantom = Dose air x ( mSwall / mSair ) x ( mass absorption coefficient phantom/ mass absorption coefficient of wall material ).

if I want to to find absorbed dose in a type of liquid ( combined different type ), how to find the absorption coef?

Chemistry news on Phys.org
I suppose you talk about absorption of radioactivity?
Then the absorption of the mixture should be proportional to the masses of the components in the mixture. E.g. if you have a solution containing 100 g Salt per 1000g solution, then you use the absorption coefficient for 100g of Salt + that for 900g of water.

thank Q.means that , if the liquid is polymer, so I need to use the percentage of monomer? and water ?
actually, I need to find Absorbed dose in my gel from X-ray machine..using electrometer, we got charge,then sbstitute into that formula..am I right Dr?

What is absorbed dose in phantom?

Absorbed dose in phantom refers to the amount of energy deposited by ionizing radiation in a tissue-equivalent material, also known as a phantom, that simulates the human body. It is used to measure the potential biological effects of radiation on humans.

How is absorbed dose in phantom measured?

Absorbed dose in phantom is measured using an instrument called a dosimeter. This device consists of a radiation-sensitive material that undergoes a physical or chemical change when exposed to ionizing radiation. The change in the dosimeter can then be correlated to the absorbed dose in the phantom.

What is the unit of measurement for absorbed dose in phantom?

The unit of measurement for absorbed dose in phantom is the gray (Gy), which is equal to one joule of radiation energy deposited per kilogram of tissue-equivalent material.

How is absorbed dose in phantom related to radiation risk?

Absorbed dose in phantom is an important factor in determining the potential risk of exposure to ionizing radiation. The higher the absorbed dose, the greater the risk of harmful biological effects such as tissue damage and cancer. However, the actual risk also depends on other factors such as the type of radiation and the sensitivity of the exposed tissue.

Why is it important to measure absorbed dose in phantom?

Measuring absorbed dose in phantom is crucial for ensuring the safe use of radiation in various fields such as medicine and industry. It helps in monitoring and controlling the amount of radiation exposure, minimizing potential risks to individuals and the environment. Additionally, it provides valuable data for research and development of radiation protection measures.