Is this the perfect outfit for an Abstract Algebra class?

In summary, the conversation revolves around a dress that has abstract algebra elements on it. The group, ring, and field structures are represented by the rings and collar of the dress. The dress is meant for commuting, but there is also a book with the same title that is more expensive. The conversation also mentions a newer edition of the book and potential confusion between the price of the book and the dress. There are also comments about the dress being expensive for an abstract algebra class and possible alternative clothing options.
Physics news on Phys.org

It's the abstract algebra-dress. You don't know it??

That dress is for commuting.

Hmmmm then why is this?

http://www.cengage.com/search/productOverview.do?Ntt=abstract+algebra||16762969505207843026669593002115133173&N=4294922455&Ntk=all||P_EPI

Last edited by a moderator:

micromass said:
It's the abstract algebra-dress. You don't know it??

:raising an eyebrow:

Nobody noticed yet? Come on guys... :D

skeptical-785083.jpg

OK there's a newer edition of this classic text. :)

But why is it in August?

QuarkCharmer said:
That dress is for commuting.

:rofl:

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

My analysis:

I see a group: The two rings on the wrist combine to make a third element, which is the collar.

I see a (commutative) ring: swapping rings of jewels that exist around each wrist will preserve the (dress's) structure.

I see a field: The collar allows for division into the structures you see on the wrists of the dress.

Well done! :)

But my question is this price for the book or the dress?

Jimmy Snyder said:
skeptical-785083.jpg

19132b38-f931-4c63-9a77-5a2b8a842d98.jpe

http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/shortorder/surprised-cow1.jpg

Yeah but still an expensive dress to wear for an abstract algebra class. You know what I'm not taking abstract algebra, you guys can enjoy the dress. :D

Maybe it's advanced geometric topology.

Publisher: learn how customers can search inside this book. :rofl:

micromass said:
19132b38-f931-4c63-9a77-5a2b8a842d98.jpe
Too cute!

The picture shown is wrong. It should display faded/torn jeans, a polo shirt and deck shoes.

The picture shown is wrong. It should display faded/torn jeans, a polo shirt and deck shoes.

This makes more sense. At least it's not Speedo. :D

1. What is Abstract Algebra dress?

Abstract Algebra dress is a term used to describe a type of dress that is designed using principles of abstract algebra. It incorporates mathematical concepts such as symmetry, group theory, and linear transformations into its design.

2. How is Abstract Algebra dress different from other types of dresses?

Abstract Algebra dress stands out from other types of dresses due to its unique and mathematically-inspired design. It often features geometric patterns, bold colors, and intricate details that are not commonly found in traditional dresses.

3. Who can wear Abstract Algebra dress?

Anyone can wear Abstract Algebra dress, regardless of their mathematical background. It is a fashion statement that can be appreciated by anyone who appreciates the beauty and complexity of mathematics.

4. Where can I find Abstract Algebra dresses?

Abstract Algebra dresses can be found in select boutique stores or online retailers that specialize in unique and unconventional fashion. They may also be available at math conferences or events.

5. What is the significance of using abstract algebra in fashion?

Incorporating abstract algebra into fashion adds a new dimension to the concept of clothing. It challenges traditional notions of beauty and creativity and showcases the beauty and versatility of mathematical concepts in everyday life.