AC Analysis Query Homework Solutions

In summary, the user has two questions related to solving two different circuit problems. They are having trouble finding the correct solution for the first problem and are seeking guidance on the correct approach for the second problem. They have attempted to solve both problems but are unsure if their solutions are correct. They are looking for assistance in finding the correct values for V1 and V2 in both problems.
eeuler

Homework Statement

I have two questions to two different problems.
The first:
dcsepf.jpg

The Attempt at a Solution

My attempt:
ddeuk8.jpg

Thing is, the solutions have V2=4.986[tex]\angle[/tex]111.45(degrees) and i can't seem to get to that answer at all? What is wrong with my attempt because i can't see anything wrong with it? (Unless I've left out some negative signs, but even then it shouldn't change by much? Btw i took a supernode at the two nodes, hence my long KCL eqn.)

My second question is:
ot3xc0.jpg

Attempt:
n6atk1.jpg

So to find the current through the resistor, i need to firstly find the node voltages V1 and V2 right? Then it's just a simple matter of (V1-V2)/5+j15. Thing is, I'm having a difficult time trying to find V1 or V2, since as you can tell my maths gets rather messy and i just hit a wall with V1=... + V2(...). Can someone point me in the right direction? Also, i suspect that this is the 'right way' to do it, because according to the solutions, V1=6.735[tex]\angle[/tex]-38.54(degrees) and V2=16.25[tex]\angle[/tex]-55.52(degrees), and when i substitute in V2 into V1=...+V2(...) i get the answer of V1..so how do i actually find V1 or V2?

Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org

I would be happy to assist you with your questions. For the first problem, it may be helpful to double check your calculations and make sure you are using the correct values for the components in your circuit. It is also possible that there may be a mistake in the solutions provided, so it may be worth double checking with a peer or your instructor to confirm the correct answer.

For the second problem, you are correct in that finding the node voltages V1 and V2 is the first step. One approach you can take is to use Kirchhoff's laws and solve a system of equations to find the values of V1 and V2. Another approach is to use a simulation software to model the circuit and find the values of V1 and V2. Additionally, if you have access to a circuit analyzer, you may be able to use that to solve the circuit and find the values of V1 and V2.

I hope this helps and good luck with your homework! If you have any further questions or need clarification, please don't hesitate to ask.

What is AC analysis and why is it important in scientific research?

AC analysis is a mathematical method used to analyze the behavior of electrical circuits when varying AC signals are applied. It is important in scientific research because many real-world systems and devices operate on AC signals, and understanding their behavior is crucial in developing and improving technologies.

What are some common tools used in AC analysis?

Some common tools used in AC analysis include complex numbers, phasors, impedance and admittance, and the frequency domain representation of signals. These tools help in simplifying the analysis of complex circuits and understanding the behavior of components under varying AC conditions.

What are the key differences between AC and DC analysis?

AC analysis deals with varying signals, while DC analysis deals with constant signals. AC analysis also requires the use of complex numbers and phasors, while DC analysis can be performed using simple algebraic equations. Additionally, components in AC circuits have complex impedances, while components in DC circuits have only resistances.

How is AC analysis used in practical applications?

AC analysis is used in a wide range of practical applications, including designing electronic circuits, analyzing power systems, and understanding the behavior of signals in communication systems. It is also used in industries such as telecommunications, aerospace, and automotive engineering to develop and improve technologies.

What are some challenges in performing AC analysis?

One of the main challenges in performing AC analysis is dealing with complex numbers and phasors, which can be difficult for some people to understand and use. Additionally, AC circuits can become very complex, making it challenging to analyze them accurately. Lastly, obtaining accurate measurements of AC signals can also be challenging due to noise and interference.