1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Academic advice, Please?

1. Dec 22, 2013 #1
    Hello,

Currently I have just finished my spring semester. I took three courses physics, general Chem 2, and College Physic 1. Now I looking at taking four courses in the spring which are Organic Chem, Physics 2, Cal 3, and Diff EQs. I wanted some advice from people who have taking these courses. Should I drop one courses, like Cal 3 to focus on the others or just get all these courses out of the way?

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 22, 2013 #2

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

First we need to know what your major is or will be.

If biology or chemistry then maybe Calc 3 would be the one to drop. However if Physics then Organic Chem would be best to drop.

Normally students take Calc 3 before Diff Eqns but actually you do the work easily with Calc 1 and Calc 2 under your belt.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2013
  4. Dec 22, 2013 #3

Student100

Education Advisor
    Gold Member

Drop diff equations. Take LA in its place if you haven't already.

5. Dec 22, 2013 #4
    Yeah, sorry about that. My major is in chemical engineering and chemistry. I've just finished Calculus 2 this semester and will be taking physics 2 and organic chemistry for sure in the spring. I was leaning towards taking Diff EQs but wanted to know if taking cal 3 at the same time as all these classes was a good idea.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook