1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Academic and Career Guidance Forum

1. Nov 3, 2004 #1

HallsofIvy

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

I'm now mentor for the "Academic and Career Guidance" forum?

I'm not complaining- I think it's a worthwhile forum but I would have like to have had some notice beforehand!

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 3, 2004 #2

Doc Al

Staff: Mentor

Congratulations! :rofl:

4. Nov 3, 2004 #3

HallsofIvy

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

:blushing: Awww! Gee!

5. Nov 4, 2004 #4

hypnagogue

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Thanks for listening, everyone. And sorry if my actions inadvertently put you in a tough spot, Halls. :shy:

Now that the forum is here, I think it would be great if we could post ZapperZ's "So You Want To Be A Physicist" journal series as a sticky. It could probably answer many questions before they are asked, and be beneficial to someone who isn't browsing the forum with a specific question in mind. And of course, it'd be much more visible and perfectly at home as a sticky in this forum. Of course we'd have to get Zapper's permission. What does everyone think? Worth posting and worth stickying?

6. Nov 4, 2004 #5

hypnagogue

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Greg, I noticed you posted a sticky linking to Zapper's journal, but the links don't seem to actually pick out individual journal entries, so they all wind up just linking to the top of the last page of Zapper's journal. If there's not a way to link directly to the entries, it might be better to just copy the text from the 5 entries and paste it into 5 posts in the thread.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?