1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Academic dilemma

1. Aug 10, 2011 #1
    hi all,
    After completing my graduation (physics) in 2008 i had some hands on experience in teaching, now i feel i like to do a post graduation (in physics), i'm already 26, and my admissions will happen the next year, then on for phd.....
    am i being too old enough to go for my post graduation.. i'm in need of some serious advices in general please....

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 10, 2011 #2

Pythagorean

Gold Member

4. Aug 10, 2011 #3

Ryan_m_b

Staff: Mentor

One can never be too old.

5. Aug 10, 2011 #4
    yoda.jpg

6. Aug 10, 2011 #5
    It just depends on if you think you can handle going back to that lifestyle. Are you prepared to jump right back in to difficult coursework? You should consider that you won't be done until your 30's, and then what do you want to do?

7. Aug 11, 2011 #6
    thats motivating words :) thanks :)

8. Aug 11, 2011 #7
    Also consider that in your thirties, you'll be exactly where you are now unless you take steps to change things. Age is just a number.

Some people think of school and post-grad work as something you do before the REAL fun begins. I can't help but disagree.

9. Aug 12, 2011 #8
    I'm not saying it wouldn't be fun, I'm just saying you might have other priorities in life by that time. Grad school is a full time ordeal, and it doesn't exactly pay well. But if you think it will make you happier, go for it.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook