Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Academy Awards Poll

1. The Aviator by Scorsese

5 vote(s)
    45.5%
  2. Million Dollar Baby by Eastwood

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  3. Ray by Hackford

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  4. Sideways by Payne

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  5. Vera Drake by Leigh

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  1. Feb 2, 2005 #1
    http://www.oscars.org/

The Academy Awards are up in a few weeks. Wanna make a little bet on how is gonna win ?

I go for Clint eastwood in Million Dollar Baby and the Aviator of Scorsese...

regards
    marlon

The poll is NOT for best picture but for DIRECTING...sorry about the mistake there

Last edited: Feb 2, 2005
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 2, 2005 #2
    wow, talk about confusing a person. I guess I'll vote for Clint Scorsese's Million Dollar Sideways Aviator.

4. Feb 2, 2005 #3

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I've only heard of one movie on that list.

I never seen that movie either.

Note: I'm falling behind on this media thing ... far behind. I should start by watching Terminator because apparently I'm an idiot for not seeing it.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2005
  5. Feb 2, 2005 #4
    Freudian slip?

6. Feb 3, 2005 #5

Clausius2

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I don't know, but do not go to see The Sea Inside. It's a political film, made by means of political interests, and starred by political actors. It's a pity that spanish films are taunted too with this illness. Zapatero was very satisfied when he went out the cinema. :yuck:

7. Feb 3, 2005 #6

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Oh, geez, I need to get to the movies more often. I haven't even heard of any of those movies on that list, let alone seen any of them. But, that's okay, the types of movies that win Oscars are ones I usually find pretty boring.

When's Oscar night? I need to remember to either pick up a movie to watch or bring home a lot of work; there's never anything worth watching on TV on Oscar night (including the awards...why do people watch a bunch of celebrities patting each other on the back for hours on end?)

8. Feb 3, 2005 #7
    Oscars are on february 27th

marlon

9. Feb 3, 2005 #8
    I've never seen any of those movies. Based on what I've heard I'll make a guess towards the top two most likely choices.

Ray and The Aviator, in that order.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?