Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Acai Berries and Antioxidants

1. Apr 28, 2010 #1
    Hello, I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this. There's an ad here for an Acai berries that looks like a news article, but I know it's an ad. Is there any reason to believe in it? It kinda seems crooked to me, but just because the ad is, doesn't mean the berries are. I know the diet idea isn't real, but are these berries any better for you than others?
  2. jcsd
  3. May 2, 2010 #2

Science Advisor

They're probably the same as other berries. Berries generally do contain a lot of antioxidants.
  4. May 2, 2010 #3
    I assumed as much, so why the rush to stuff one's face with Acai and Bilberries? Blackberries and blueberries are stuffed with the same antioxidants and anthocyanins.
  5. Nov 29, 2010 #4
    Yeah, and so are apples and oranges. Talk about a revolution.
  6. Jan 10, 2011 #5
    I tried a product called Mona (something or other) a few years ago. It was packaged like wine - and priced about the same. The people that sold it to us said it changed their lives - all it did for us was change our bowel movements.(sorry) I did find the story interesting about the berries though - straight out of the "Medicine Man". The berries grow at the top of the trees in the rain forrest and must be harvested by hand.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook