• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products Here!

Acceleration of a block

• Thread starter Benja303
  • Start date

Homework Statement

Okay, i am preparing for an exam so the questions i am doing are only for my learining they will not be marked anyway

I already know that the answer is C) 0.5ms-2

what i need is an explanation, i don't understand how that answer was derived...

I thought it would be 6N but that wasn't an option

The question is an image attached

Attachments

Answers and Replies

Why do you think would it be 6N? Did you form up the force equations?

Please show your work. :smile:

Why do you think would it be 6N? Did you form up the force equations?

Please show your work. :smile:
Oh *Face palm* its complicated to explain but i thought this question was asking something else. i now realize how utterly simple it is..

acc= 6/12 nd thats why it's 0.5.. OKay... So how do i know it was going downwards?

wouldn't it be 0.5 upwards since teh number is positive? Btw i have many more questions so if your gonna stick around i i have alot more to ask..

Oh *Face palm* its complicated to explain but i thought this question was asking something else. i now realize how utterly simple it is..

acc= 6/12 nd thats why it's 0.5.. OKay... So how do i know it was going downwards?

wouldn't it be 0.5 upwards since teh number is positive? Btw i have many more questions so if your gonna stick around i i have alot more to ask..
It doesn't matter what the sign is, what matters is which way you take your coordinate system. Now the bigger force is obviously acting downwards. So...there ya go :wink: