Dynamics of Acceleration: Finding Proportions of Masses in a System

In summary, the conversation discusses how to determine the proportion between the acceleration of two masses, M1 and M2. The asker is unsure of how to approach the problem and asks for guidance. The responder suggests starting with what is known and considering the forces acting on M1, as well as finding expressions for those forces in terms of given angles.
sedaw
http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/9017/30258820hi1.jpg

how do i know what is the proportion between the acceleration of m1 and m2 ?

TNX ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
sedaw said:
how do i know what is the proportion between the acceleration of m1 and m2 ?

TNX ...

The real question is how would you think to solve it?

Please show your work.

i have nothing to show cause i don't know even how to start .

sedaw said:
i have nothing to show cause i don't know even how to start .

Start with what you know. That's always good advice.

What forces are acting on M1?
Can't you come up with expressions for those forces in terms of the angles α and β ?

1. What is acceleration proportion?

Acceleration proportion is a measure of how much an object's velocity changes in a certain amount of time. It is the rate of change of velocity and is typically measured in meters per second squared (m/s²).

2. How is acceleration proportion calculated?

Acceleration proportion is calculated by dividing the change in an object's velocity by the change in time. The formula for acceleration proportion is a = (vf - vi) / t, where a is acceleration, vf is final velocity, vi is initial velocity, and t is time.

3. What is the difference between acceleration proportion and acceleration?

Acceleration proportion is a specific type of acceleration that measures the change in velocity over time. Acceleration, on the other hand, is a broader term that can refer to any change in an object's motion, including changes in speed or direction.

4. How does acceleration proportion relate to Newton's laws of motion?

Acceleration proportion is closely related to Newton's second law of motion, which states that the acceleration of an object is directly proportional to the net force acting on it and inversely proportional to its mass. In other words, the greater the force acting on an object, the greater its acceleration will be.

5. What are some real-life examples of acceleration proportion?

Some real-life examples of acceleration proportion include a car accelerating from a stop, a ball falling due to gravity, and a rocket launching into space. In each of these cases, the object experiences a change in velocity over time, resulting in acceleration.