1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Acceptance to physics REUs

1. Mar 13, 2010 #1
    I applied to a few REU programs, and a couple of them stated on the website, "first offers will be made in early March". If I have not heard from them yet, is it likely that I'm not getting accepted? My applications were all sent in just a few days before the deadlines. Does that have a significant effect on prospects of getting accepted? Any help would be appreciated.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 13, 2010 #2

eri

After the deadline for my university's REU program, all the applications were posted online and professors made a list of their top choices. They've been working their way down their list until someone accepted the offer. Most have been accepted, so they'll be sending out rejections within a week or two. The date you submitted everything was not included in the information. I imagine it works pretty similarly at other schools. But you can always call and ask if you still have a shot at an offer.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook