Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Accessing active user topics

1. Dec 29, 2003 #1
    How do you access your currently active topics? I use the search function with my user name, which seems awkward compared to the old PF.
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 30, 2003 #2
    On the forums home page, top right hand corner, "view new posts" is that what your looking for?
  4. Dec 30, 2003 #3
    A link in the top right hand corner of your user profile is a shorcut to that search.
  5. Dec 30, 2003 #4
    I usually get noticed via email
  6. Dec 30, 2003 #5

no, that is the comprehensive, sitewide list of new topics, not ones that I have participated in specifically. Thanks anyway.

could you go into more detail for me? (Stupid question: where exactly is the user profile? Under "user cp"?)
  7. Dec 30, 2003 #6
    The best way is to just subscribe to the topics you want to keep track of.
  8. Dec 30, 2003 #7
    Look just below this area where the post is.
    You see a collection of buttons.
    One is labeled "Profile".
    If you click on that, it will take you to my profile.
    On the top right-hand corner, there is a link that says "Search for all posts by this user".
    If you scroll up to one of your posts, and click the "Profile" button under it, it will take you to your profile in which you can do the same thing.

Or, to make it easier...
    Click Here for your profile
    Click here and it will take you to the page that displays all your posts.

You can bookmark these pages.
  9. Dec 30, 2003 #8

Verrry cool! Can I quoth you on that?
  10. Dec 31, 2003 #9
    Or you can (this post, or any post any poster makes) simply click on the search button on the bottom left hand side of this post to get all of my postings listed, or on anyones search button, (under/in/on their post) will give you all of there posts
  11. Dec 31, 2003 #10

Gold Member

Also, in User CP, there is a button called 'My vB Home'. If you click on that, it will give you a list of all the threads you are subscribed to.

edit: if you want REAL fast access to it all of the time, once you are there, dbl click on the explorer icon in your address box and drag it down to your links bar. You can rename it anything you want with a right click.
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2003
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?