Calculate Simple Interest: 22K/yr, n=44, r=0.5

• MHB
  • Thread starter bjaurique
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Accounting
In summary, to calculate the amount of interest earned over a period of time, $n$, at a rate of $r$, with a capital of $22,000, the formula is $S = \dfrac{0.5 * 22000 * m}{44}$, where $m$ is the number of times $n$ units of time has passed. However, more information is needed to determine the values of $n$ and $r$ in the formula.
bjaurique
i need to make up 22,000 per year
other pieces of information n=44, r=0.5 what is the formula to calculate what i need to solve this question?
I think its simple interest but am having a hard time remembering all.

Mathematics news on Phys.org
What you need, or what you could provide, is a little more information!

If it is simple interest then, following the wiki article, the amount of interest earned over a period of time $n$ at rate $r$ with capital of $B = 22000$ is

$S = \dfrac{r B m}{n} = \dfrac{0.5 * 22000 * m}{44}$

where $m$ is the number of times $n$ units of time has passed.

It would help if you would tell us what "n" and "r" MEAN! Is "r" the interest rate? Is the interest 5% per year? My first guess would be the number of compounding intervals but if this is simple interest that would be irrelevant. And, even if it were compound interest, you say you want to get 22,000 per year- and 44 periods per year would be very peculiar!

1. What is Simple Interest?

Simple Interest is a type of interest that is calculated on the principal amount only. It does not take into account any interest that has been previously earned.

2. How is Simple Interest calculated?

Simple Interest is calculated by multiplying the principal amount by the number of years and the interest rate. The formula for Simple Interest is: I = P * n * r, where I is the interest, P is the principal amount, n is the number of years, and r is the interest rate.

3. What does "22K/yr" mean in the context of Simple Interest calculation?

"22K/yr" means that the principal amount is 22,000 and it will be calculated on a yearly basis.

4. What is the significance of "n=44" in the Simple Interest calculation?

"n=44" represents the number of years that the interest will be calculated for. In this case, the interest will be calculated for 44 years.

5. How does the interest rate of 0.5 affect the Simple Interest calculation?

The interest rate of 0.5 represents 0.5%, which is a low interest rate. This means that the interest earned will be relatively small compared to a higher interest rate. However, the interest will still accumulate over time, resulting in a larger amount of interest earned in the long run.