Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Acer Laptop

1. Aug 3, 2005 #1
    Hey there... is Acer laptop good?

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 4, 2005 #2
    well darkar i got one a few days ago, i.e. the acer aspire 3000. it was cheap because it has this cheap sempron processor. It packs 1.6ghz but i would argue that it's faster (just kidding i upgraded the ram to 512mb so it works great). the only problem i have and that is with the battery, which only lasts an hour and 30 minutes.

i think that it was definitely worth the $600+ that i paid for it since it performs great, has great wifi and other cool features.

4. Aug 4, 2005 #3
    If you can live with the whole acer package or know how to erase it all then you properly cannot find a chaper laptop. Those i know that have an acer are also happy with it.

However, if you need to do some serious image/video or matlab like simlulations you will want something a little better (acer also got that).

5. Aug 8, 2005 #4
    i have not used matlab on it as yet so i cannot comment on this but the 64mb shared video memory works really good.

6. Aug 11, 2005 #5
    Hey, I finally decided to buy a acer laptop and I m using it now!

Thx for the comments ~

7. Aug 16, 2005 #6
    which one did you get?

8. Aug 17, 2005 #7
    Acer Travelmate 8104WLMi

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?