1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Acer Laptop

1. Aug 3, 2005 #1
    Hey there... is Acer laptop good?

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 4, 2005 #2
    well darkar i got one a few days ago, i.e. the acer aspire 3000. it was cheap because it has this cheap sempron processor. It packs 1.6ghz but i would argue that it's faster (just kidding i upgraded the ram to 512mb so it works great). the only problem i have and that is with the battery, which only lasts an hour and 30 minutes.

i think that it was definitely worth the $600+ that i paid for it since it performs great, has great wifi and other cool features.

4. Aug 4, 2005 #3
    If you can live with the whole acer package or know how to erase it all then you properly cannot find a chaper laptop. Those i know that have an acer are also happy with it.

However, if you need to do some serious image/video or matlab like simlulations you will want something a little better (acer also got that).

5. Aug 8, 2005 #4
    i have not used matlab on it as yet so i cannot comment on this but the 64mb shared video memory works really good.

6. Aug 11, 2005 #5
    Hey, I finally decided to buy a acer laptop and I m using it now!

Thx for the comments ~

7. Aug 16, 2005 #6
    which one did you get?

8. Aug 17, 2005 #7
    Acer Travelmate 8104WLMi

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?