Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Achieve inner peace

1. Oct 17, 2003 #1
    Achieve inner peace ....

I am passing this on to you because it has definitely worked for me. By following the simple advice I read in an article, I have finally found inner peace. I am convinced this will work for you too.

The article taught me:

"The way to achieve inner peace is to finish all the things you've started."

So I looked around the house to see all the things I had started and hadn't finished......and before leaving the house this morning I have finished off a bottle of Bacardi, a bottle of red wine, a bottle of Jack Daniel's, my Prozac, a small box of chocolates, 2 quarts of beer and some cheese.

You have no idea how good I feel right now....

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 17, 2003 #2

jimmy p

Gold Member

Lol i must have found inner peace...i finished my bottle of Jack Daniels last night....i dont feel any different. Or maybe there are a few things i havent done. Can anyone honestly say they have found inner peace? i dont think i could? what would it feel like do u reckon (LOL- warm apple pie...) hmm interesting to hear ppls P.O.V. of this..

4. Oct 17, 2003 #3

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

How am I EVER to find inner peace with an avatar dancing around frantically in the corner of my eye? :eek:

5. Oct 17, 2003 #4

jimmy p

Gold Member

Yeah i agree. looks like something from South Park... At least my avatar has a soothing swish of his tail which could make you relax a bit more and get a step closer to inner peace..is inner peace peace of mind or what?

6. Oct 17, 2003 #5

jimmy p

Gold Member

OOH OOH ill be one step closer to inner peace if i find out who the first person to sign on to www.physicsforums.com is ! u know ...#1!!

7. Oct 18, 2003 #6
    A friend sent me the 'dancing man' graphic as he thought it was an exact representation of me putting my bike leathers on before a race. (I get a bit agitated you see...) I then added a picture of my helmeted face for good measure. Anyway, friends say I look better with my helmet on...

8. Oct 18, 2003 #7

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I can tell you after many years of searching that the key to inner peace is Kaopectate.

9. Oct 18, 2003 #8
    I found my inner peace one night in a toilet bowl after following your the beer path to inner peace.It was actually kind of gross- who'da thunk?:wink:

10. Oct 18, 2003 #9

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I can tell you who was no. 2...?

11. Oct 19, 2003 #10

jimmy p

Gold Member

Ooh this is turning into a mystery!! ok please tell me who #2 is...maybe i could track him down and find out who #1 is...maybe there is no #1... that would be scary....i would never reach inner peace .....ooh i have found another thing i need to do (maybe next post, i cant be bothered in this one) would be to use ALL the smilies...yes all 55 in one post! HAHAHAHAHAHA...at this rate im never gonna find inner peace, i keep adding things!!

12. Oct 20, 2003 #11

hypnagogue

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Heed your quote man-- the mushroom path to inner peace has beer beat hands down. :smile:

13. Oct 20, 2003 #12
    I once worked with a guy who told me he and his mushroom eating pals used to collect liberty caps growing wild outside of a K-Mart.

One day he came in and told me how he'd been awoken the night before by a bright, greenish light coming in is bedroom window
    while his bed was shaking. Aliens or mushrooms?

14. Oct 20, 2003 #13

hypnagogue

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Must've been aliens. That doesn't sound very peaceful at all.

Attention K-Mart shoppers... heheh.

15. Oct 20, 2003 #14
    Course, I should mention he was fond of acid, too.

16. Oct 20, 2003 #15

hypnagogue

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Me too... acetic is my favorite!

17. Oct 20, 2003 #16
    Personally, I'm a big fan of ascorbic.

18. Oct 20, 2003 #17
    I've got all their albums! :wink:

19. Oct 20, 2003 #18

jimmy p

Gold Member

But does that make you a step closer to inner peace, being abducted by aliens?? DAMN DAMN DAMN theres another i have to add to this "THINGS TO DO TO REACH INNER PEACE" list

20. Oct 20, 2003 #19
    Cool Dude! My favorite is:C Aint Just The Speed Of Light cause it has that one song on it:Scurvy Chick's Got A Loose Tooth Tonight.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2003
  21. Oct 20, 2003 #20

hypnagogue

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

That song about the high school reunion was pretty annoying though.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?