Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

:ack: can't get to microsoft websites

1. Sep 13, 2004 #1

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 13, 2004 #2

dduardo

Staff Emeritus

Works for me.

4. Sep 13, 2004 #3
    The sites are fine for me. Assuming that you can access other parts of the Internet properly, it's possible that they were incorrectly added to the hosts file (which would make the system fail to properly translate the names to IP addresses).

If that also doesn't work for you, another possibility is that that the site is banned for you by firewall/router at workplace/something else

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2015
  5. Sep 15, 2004 #4
    Is that a bad thing? :tongue2:

If ever a Microsoft site doesn't work, your computer's the problem, not Microsoft. They're obsessed with having 100% uptime. As far as I can tell, all those sites worked. If you're using Internet Explorer, try this: Click Tools > Reset Web Settings. (Don't reset your homepage). If that doesn't work, I don't know what else could be wrong. :eek:

Andy
    AMW Bonfire

6. Sep 15, 2004 #5

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

thanks, it's working again.. I suspect my provider from messing up things ;)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?