:ack: can't get to microsoft websites

• Thread starter Monique
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Websites
In summary, there was an issue with accessing Microsoft websites for several days. However, other people were able to access them and the problem was most likely with the computer or internet provider. Microsoft is known for having 100% uptime and there are various troubleshooting steps that can be taken if this issue occurs again.
Computer science news on Phys.org
Works for me.

The sites are fine for me. Assuming that you can access other parts of the Internet properly, it's possible that they were incorrectly added to the hosts file (which would make the system fail to properly translate the names to IP addresses).

If that also doesn't work for you, another possibility is that that the site is banned for you by firewall/router at workplace/something else

Last edited by a moderator:
can't get to microsoft websites

Is that a bad thing? :tongue2:

If ever a Microsoft site doesn't work, your computer's the problem, not Microsoft. They're obsessed with having 100% uptime. As far as I can tell, all those sites worked. If you're using Internet Explorer, try this: Click Tools > Reset Web Settings. (Don't reset your homepage). If that doesn't work, I don't know what else could be wrong. :eek:

Andy
AMW Bonfire

thanks, it's working again.. I suspect my provider from messing up things ;)

1. Why can't I access Microsoft websites?

There could be several reasons why you are unable to access Microsoft websites. It could be due to a connectivity issue, a problem with your internet browser, or a temporary server outage on Microsoft's end. It's also possible that your network or computer has blocked access to Microsoft websites.

2. How can I fix the issue of not being able to access Microsoft websites?

To fix this issue, first try to access the websites using a different internet browser or device. If that doesn't work, check your internet connection and make sure it is stable. You can also try clearing your browser's cache and cookies or resetting your internet connection. If the problem persists, you may need to contact your network administrator or Microsoft support for further assistance.

3. Is there a way to know if Microsoft's servers are down?

Yes, you can check the status of Microsoft's services and servers by visiting the Microsoft Service Status page. It provides real-time information on any known issues or outages for Microsoft services. You can also follow Microsoft's official social media accounts for updates on any widespread outages.

4. Can my antivirus or firewall be causing the issue?

It's possible that your antivirus or firewall may be blocking your access to Microsoft websites. You can try temporarily disabling them and see if you are able to access the websites. If so, you may need to add an exception for Microsoft websites in your antivirus or firewall settings.

5. Why am I able to access other websites but not Microsoft websites?

This could be due to a specific issue with Microsoft's servers or your network's routing to those servers. It's also possible that your network or computer has blocked access to Microsoft websites for security reasons. If you are unable to access any other websites either, it could indicate a larger connectivity issue.