Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

ACS Exam

1. Dec 13, 2006 #1
    I was just wondering what expierence has anyone had with the ACS Chem Exam, Good? Bad? Why?
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 14, 2006 #2

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Not so bad for me, I took the Quant., Inorg., Phy., and Instrumental Analysis ACS nationally standardized tests.

The average raw score on these tests are low, as in below 70%, and the discrepancy increases with higher level chemistry courses.

The tests require savvy, that is, there are probably going to be some question on there that require the taker to have an in depth understanding
    and knowledge of the concept. In other words, those that have applied themselves to chemistry for a while are going to see the "trick question", however, most are not even going to see the significant "second step" that's involved. The questions are sometimes misleading, that's why the scores are so low, because students choose the "apparently correct answer" and are not able to assess the question further.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?