Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

News Action Plan for Ending the Palestinian-Israeli Conflict

1. Jun 13, 2009 #1

Bobbywhy

Gold Member

I propose the following solution to stop the spiral of killing and violence in the "Holy Land": On a specified date the first newborn son of Israel and the first newborn son of Palestine shall be brought to a public place and laid down together. Each child shall be taken up by an executioner. At the same moment they shall chop off the heads of the two infants with massive swords. The two heads shall be impaled on posts on the public square. A message shall be written and posted in Arabic and in Hebrew saying, “Enough is enough.”

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 14, 2009 #2
    Gee, you are a beacon of hope and brilliance. That will solve everything. I think this thread is about to disappear.

4. Jun 14, 2009 #3

CRGreathouse

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

And that would solve the conflict... how?

5. Jun 14, 2009 #4

Pengwuino

Gold Member

So the countless children that have already died in this conflict through much more severe methods weren't enough?

This isn't Hollywood.

6. Jun 14, 2009 #5
    Wow, what a gem of a thread.

7. Jun 14, 2009 #6

Bobbywhy

Gold Member

Thank you all for your comments on my thread “Action Plan…”

Granted, my proposed plan is drastic…killing babies is not something I take lightly. I actually thought that the idea is so brutal and barbaric that the two sides would never allow it to happen. I compare this proposal to King Solomon, who was going to divide an infant into two for each of two women claiming to be the mother. Considering such a horrendous idea just might stimulate enough motivation for the two sides to finally begin negotiating a true peace process. I apologize to all of you for not being clear about the irony of the plan.

I have not been sitting here at my keyboard creating ideas in a total vacuum. I am an American citizen who has lived and worked in the Middle East for many years. I speak, read, and write Arabic, Turkish, and Farsi. I have studied the Quran, the Bible, and the Torah. Accordingly, my perspective is somewhat different from other Americans who have little first-hand knowledge of those cultures. Only such a horrible scenario seems powerful enough to get through to all parties the message that peace is far more preferable than violence.

Today when we look into the conflict in the “Holy Land” we see two peoples, both sons of Abraham, crying out for freedom from the plagues of violence and terrorism. We see two families suffering: the children of Hagar and the children of Sarah. After sixty years of incessant deadly attacks on one another, three wars, and innumerable U. N. Resolutions the hatreds continue to grow. I believe a radical proposal such as mine just may have some merit if it brings positive results.

bobbywhy

8. Jun 15, 2009 #7

tiny-tim

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

enough, already!

Yeah, well, that's sort-of obvious! :rolleyes:

But … just s'pose it doesn't bring positive results …

are you willing to be sacrificed yourself to restore karma? :smile:

(and could we find someone willing to do it? :wink:)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook