1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Activated speed

1. Oct 6, 2005 #1
    Hi to you all.i have an exercise i cannot solve.i think something is missing.

Cylindrical tube V=10L opened at the top has air with a temperature of T1=27 0C.We provide heat to the tube until the temperature reaches the value of T2=327 oC.A)we have to find the amount of air that leaves from the tube .
    b)if we close at the top the tube and decrease the temperature to T3=127 oCwe have to find the activated speed.
    c)what is the new number of particles.

i guess at the first question it requires the V of the air that leaves?I think that the pressure is steady as it is opened at the top the tube.so the pressure equals the pressure of the surrounding air.

How can i find the activated speed without knowing the consistency?i will assume it is one as we are talking about air?

thanks

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted