Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

News Actor Eli Wallach dead at 98

1. Jun 25, 2014 #1

nsaspook

Science Advisor

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 28, 2014 #2
    I suppose his name is not that recognizable by many, since he did never really get to be a major top draw at the box office, although in my opinion several movies could have ended up in a different light if he had not been cast. ( ie is he the guy with the one arm or the guy in the tub?? Oh, him! )

4. Jun 28, 2014 #3

nsaspook

Science Advisor

He's the one who let the gun do the talking. He was in so many movies in great parts that it's hard to decide what's best.
    http://www.nytimes.com/video/movies/1248069280825/at-home-with-eli-wallach.html

5. Jun 28, 2014 #4

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

I'd say that depends on your age. Younger folks might not recognize him but he's very familiar to us older movie-goers.

6. Jun 28, 2014 #5

adjacent

Gold Member

I never heard of him, but RIP.

7. Jun 28, 2014 #6
    One of my favorites. He definitely was the star in The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly and really took that movie to a higher level. Even in his minor role in How the West was Won, he was the best actor/character in that film. I was surprised to see him in the Wall Street sequel. Man he was old, but it suited his character.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook