Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

AD639 replacement

1. Apr 24, 2006 #1

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The AD639 is a trigonometric function converter chip that was made by Analog Devices, and is now obsolete. They, however, do not make a replacement.

1. Does anyone else make a similar chip ?

2. Do you know any reliable distributors for obsolete electronics that I can call for the AD639 ?

3. If nothing comes out of 1 and 2, what's the next best way to generate a low-distortion sinewave, from a triangle-wave input ?

Any help is appreciated.
  2. jcsd
  3. May 7, 2006 #2

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

You may still be able to find 2nd sources for AD639 (example, search under "locate inventory") You'll need to some research as to reliability of each distributor.
  4. Jul 14, 2006 #3

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Just noticed this response today. Thanks for the tip Oua! I've bookmarked USBid for future reference.

For now, I've built an alternative circuit with lower thermal drift and harmonic distortion than the AD639.
  5. Apr 1, 2010 #4
    I came across some AD639D which I don't need.
  6. Apr 1, 2010 #5

Staff: Mentor

Well, this thread is over 3 years old, so they may not need them anymore... :wink:
  7. Apr 1, 2010 #6
    I've always wanted to get this chip to experiment with an inverse sine but could never get it and forgot about it.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?