Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Addicted to PF

1. Dec 18, 2005 #1
    I have only been here a few days and I think that I am becoming addicted. :bugeye: :rofl:
    So, I begin my physics forums career.

Are you guys addicted? Is there a 12 step program for PFaholics?

How long have you all been here?

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 18, 2005 #2

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

What is my post count these days...6,712? :biggrin:

4. Dec 18, 2005 #3

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

There's a 1 step program, which cured me of the addiction I developed last summer.

Get hammered, and go and read every single one of tribdog's posts. That's right, every last one of them. You'll soon feel yourself losing the will to live. At that point, go and read every one of tribdog's posts again. Repeat this process every time you feel yourself giving in to the addiction. You'll soon find that you no longer need to keep coming back here.

5. Dec 18, 2005 #4

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Now, now, tribdog is the reason some people are here. Ok, I'm lying, but his posts can be hilarious.

PF addiction is serious. Some members have gone so far as to request that we ban them so they can't sneak in here instead of studying or working.

6. Dec 18, 2005 #5
    For real?

When I say I am addicted, I mean that I am merely spending a lot of time here reading posts and I find I like the forums. The thread was merely started as a joke.

7. Dec 18, 2005 #6

Evo

Staff: Mentor

JOKE!?! :grumpy:

No, some people are seriously addicted. Of course, I could quit at any time, I'm not addicted, this isn't my life, I can stop, it's uhm, because I'm needed here, so I can't leave, yes, that's it! :redface:

8. Dec 18, 2005 #7
    You're joking or lying. No one on the planet has the stomach to read all his posts.

9. Dec 18, 2005 #8

Mk

Signmund Freud once recognized PF as the wonder drug. Good for you, but then you get addicted, and you can't stop.

10. Dec 18, 2005 #9

Mk

11. Dec 18, 2005 #10

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I think Clapton said it best..

12. Dec 21, 2005 #11
    whenever you need a distraction, come to PF!

13. Dec 21, 2005 #12

Lisa!

Gold Member

12 step program? :surprised
    Most of member just give up at the first steps!( depends on their tolerance):uhh: Anyway don't worry about your addiction, after a while you just get tired of here too!(I can tell you the reasons) :zzz:

14. Dec 22, 2005 #13

JamesU

Gold Member

It's not the addiction as much as the fact that the door is locked. Then, after a few days, you become one of us, and then the only way to leave is to be banned.

I did think that Townsend went a little too far in asking to be banned...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?