Addicted to PF

I have only been here a few days and I think that I am becoming addicted. :bugeye: :rofl:
So, I begin my physics forums career.

Are you guys addicted? Is there a 12 step program for PFaholics?

How long have you all been here?

Answers and Replies

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
What is my post count these days...6,712? :biggrin:

brewnog
Science Advisor
Gold Member
There's a 1 step program, which cured me of the addiction I developed last summer.

Get hammered, and go and read every single one of tribdog's posts. That's right, every last one of them. You'll soon feel yourself losing the will to live. At that point, go and read every one of tribdog's posts again. Repeat this process every time you feel yourself giving in to the addiction. You'll soon find that you no longer need to keep coming back here.

Evo
Mentor
Now, now, tribdog is the reason some people are here. Ok, I'm lying, but his posts can be hilarious.

PF addiction is serious. Some members have gone so far as to request that we ban them so they can't sneak in here instead of studying or working.

For real?

When I say I am addicted, I mean that I am merely spending a lot of time here reading posts and I find I like the forums. The thread was merely started as a joke.

Evo
Mentor
CosminaPrisma said:
For real?
When I say I am addicted, I mean that I am merely spending a lot of time here reading posts and I find I like the forums. The thread was merely started as a joke.
JOKE!?! :grumpy:

No, some people are seriously addicted. Of course, I could quit at any time, I'm not addicted, this isn't my life, I can stop, it's uhm, because I'm needed here, so I can't leave, yes, that's it! :redface:

brewnog said:
There's a 1 step program, which cured me of the addiction I developed last summer.
Get hammered, and go and read every single one of tribdog's posts. That's right, every last one of them. You'll soon feel yourself losing the will to live. At that point, go and read every one of tribdog's posts again. Repeat this process every time you feel yourself giving in to the addiction. You'll soon find that you no longer need to keep coming back here.
You're joking or lying. No one on the planet has the stomach to read all his posts.

Mk
Signmund Freud once recognized PF as the wonder drug. Good for you, but then you get addicted, and you can't stop.

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I think Clapton said it best..

Eric Clapton said:
If you wanna hang out you’ve got to take her out; PF.
If you wanna get down, down on the ground; PF.
She don’t lie, she don’t lie, she don’t lie; PF.

If you got bad news, you wanna kick them blues; PF.
When your day is done and you wanna run; PF.

If your thing is gone and you wanna ride on; PF.
Don’t forget this fact, you can’t get it back; PF.

She don’t lie, she don’t lie, she don’t lie; PF

whenever you need a distraction, come to PF!

Lisa!
Gold Member
12 step program? :surprised
Most of member just give up at the first steps!( depends on their tolerance):uhh: Anyway don't worry about your addiction, after a while you just get tired of here too!(I can tell you the reasons) :zzz:

JamesU
Gold Member
It's not the addiction as much as the fact that the door is locked. Then, after a few days, you become one of us, and then the only way to leave is to be banned.

I did think that Townsend went a little too far in asking to be banned...