Addiction Taking Over: Goodbye to All

• Thread starter Lisa!
  • Start date
In summary, the individual has quit an addiction to PF but has now become addicted to a "silly" song. Despite having a headache, they cannot stop listening to it and apologize if they have bothered anyone. A friend helped alleviate the headache but the individual is still listening to the song. They also mention the negative effects of spending a lot of time on PF and how it has affected them. The conversation then shifts to discussing how teenagers survived before the invention of the telephone, with some humorous responses. Lastly, they mention a song that they enjoy and joke about it.
Lisa!
Gold Member
After I quit my addiction to PF, now I've got addicted to a silly song! :cry: I have a terrible headache, but I can't stop myself from listening to it. It's a very sad one and I replay it again and again. :eek:
So if I didn't post here anymore, goodbye to all. Forgive me if I've ever bothered you! :blushing:

Physics news on Phys.org
To quit PF for the sake of a silly song?

You come back here at once, girl, and start using those exclamation marks you were so fond of!

Last edited:
arildno said:
!
!
!
I like my pickles bigger
!
!
!

And juicer!

!
!
!

Thanks to my friend, I spent some time on Phone and now I don't have headache anymore, but I'm still listening to that silly song! :blushing:
It seems that phone could be a useful invention sometimes! :rolleyes:

And no, I don't want to quit PF for the sake of that silly song. I thought I'd die after listening a lot to it and as far as I know dead people don't need to entertain themselves by coming here!22222222222222222222

Mk said:
I like my pickles bigger
!
!
!

And juicer!

!
!
!
Oh, my goodness! :blushing:
That was totally subconscious on my part, I didn't mean to post anything remotely similar to that. Honestly.

awww...don't leave... :frown:

:uhh:
:devil:

I'm not listening to it now and I don't have a headache anymore! So I'm still here.:wink:

Listening to 'depressing' music constantly makes you feel like you brain is burning, followed by wanna-be migraines.

Try to stop listening to that, and se if the headache will go away.

Yeah, that's right. But I think my headache is because of PF.:biggrin:

Lisa! said:
Yeah, that's right. But I think my headache is because of PF.:biggrin:

Why? I only notice you trying to reply in a civilised manner, with no distinct reason for your depression.

Well first of all I spend lots of time here and when I work a lot with computer, it usually gives me a headache. Of course I don't spend time here as much as before, but I think it's still alot. And you know I don't feel comfortable here most of time. I mean I should be too careful when I'm replying to a thread, because most of time I say things that others think I want to offend them or whatever like that. Whenever I say something, I have to clarify it or explain more. Of course I'm not going to do that anymore!
Anyway I think it's not good for a person in my age to spend lots of time here.:wink: I had a wonderful week out of here.

Lisa! said:
Well first of all I spend lots of time here and when I work a lot with computer, it usually gives me a headache. Of course I don't spend time here as much as before, but I think it's still alot. And you know I don't feel comfortable here most of time. I mean I should be too careful when I'm replying to a thread, because most of time I say things that others think I want to offend them or whatever like that. Whenever I say something, I have to clarify it or explain more. Of course I'm not going to do that anymore!
Anyway I think it's not good for a person in my age to spend lots of time here.:wink: I had a wonderful week out of here.

I understand, thinking can give some people a headache :rofl:

a person in my age ? cave girl :confused:

I have to clarify it, well you try. :rofl:

Lisa! said:
Thanks to my friend, I spent some time on Phone and now I don't have headache anymore, but I'm still listening to that silly song! :blushing:
It seems that phone could be a useful invention sometimes! :rolleyes:

Before the invention of the telephone, how did teenagers survive?

KM

Kenneth Mann said:

KM
They didn't.
The boys tried to climb up to the balconies where their loved ones stood, but the boys used to lose their grip and fell down.
The trauma of seeing their lovers fall to their deaths made the girls jump.

Kenneth Mann said:

KM

Snail mail and passing notes in school.

What song was it?

Andy said:
What song was it?
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/badgers.php"

Last edited by a moderator:
I love that song. I like the banana phone badger one too. :biggrin:

What a funny song, Danger! :rofl: And thanks at least I stopped listening to that silly song for some minutes!

Kenneth Mann said:

KM
Did they need to survive at that time? :rolleyes: And unfortunately I'm not a teenager! :wink:

Andy said:
What song was it?

"ANDAY WALKS WITH ME, ANDY TALKS WITH ME, ANDY TELLS ME I AM HIS OWN..." :blushing: (take it easy! I was kidding. It has a joke.)

1. What is addiction?

Addiction is a chronic disease characterized by compulsive drug seeking and use despite harmful consequences. It can be caused by a combination of genetic, environmental, and developmental factors.

2. How does addiction affect the brain?

Addiction can affect the brain in multiple ways. It can change the brain's reward system, making drug use the primary focus and causing cravings and withdrawal symptoms. It can also affect decision making, impulse control, and memory.

3. What are some common signs of addiction?

Signs of addiction may include changes in behavior, mood, and physical appearance. Other signs may include neglecting responsibilities, secretive behavior, and continued use despite negative consequences.

4. Can addiction be treated?

Yes, addiction can be treated. Treatment may involve a combination of therapy, medication, and support groups. It is important to seek help from a qualified healthcare professional for the best chance of recovery.

5. How can I help a loved one struggling with addiction?

If you know someone struggling with addiction, it is important to offer support and understanding. Encourage them to seek professional help and offer to accompany them to appointments. It is also important to take care of yourself and seek support from others.