Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Adding

1. Apr 2, 2004 #1
    How can I add a signiture? I found a great quantum mechanics picture that I'd like to make my signiture.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 2, 2004 #2
    I think you mean avatar, that's what the picture is called and the answer is I don't know. But if I did you better believe I'd tell you and I'd tell you nicely and politely.

4. Apr 3, 2004 #3
    Thank you anywho, Tribog! (see? that rhymes!!)

here is the picture anyway. My idea is just to always post with the image url, so it'll appear at the bottom of the post.

let's see if it works...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 3, 2004
  5. Apr 3, 2004 #4
    :mad: grrrrr...It doesn't work!!! How can I post a picture?? It's rated G, so there's nothin' wrong with it. :confused: :mad:

6. Apr 3, 2004 #5
    like this, but will it last???

[​IMG]

PS it is from this site....to there credit! <<//info.phys.unm.edu/~renes/images/alicebob.jpg>>

Last edited: Apr 3, 2004
  7. Apr 3, 2004 #6

Tsu

Gold Member

8. Apr 3, 2004 #7
    How do I fix the size? It's too big for a pic-sig.

9. Apr 3, 2004 #8
    you need an image editor....there are some on the net for free, mooter it (thats a search engine that clusters)

10. Apr 3, 2004 #9

Tsu

Gold Member

I'm not sure, but I think you need some photo/image enhancing software. At least that's how I resize mine. Anyone out there with more knowledge than me know about this one? (I'm quite sure MOST of you out there have more knowledge on this than me! :redface: I just recently learned out to upload an image - sort of... :redface: )

11. Apr 3, 2004 #10
    You can get MS Paint to do it. Image \ Stretch&Skew.

cookiemonster

12. Apr 3, 2004 #11
  13. Apr 3, 2004 #12

Tsu

Gold Member

Hey! I didn't know that! That's cool! Thanks cookiemonster!! Here! Have a cookie! *holds out BIG choc/choc-chip cookie* :smile:

14. Apr 3, 2004 #13

Good idea. I think that's the simplest idea.

But, it's not workin' out. What do I have to save the image as?

15. Apr 3, 2004 #14

Tsu

Gold Member

Just put it in some folder (or create a new one) on your C drive. Then you can use the image uploader and we can see your picture!

16. Apr 3, 2004 #15
    You can already see my picture Tsunami. :bigrinn:

But don't I have to buy the image uploader?

17. Apr 3, 2004 #16
    oh well, never mind you guys.

18. Apr 3, 2004 #17

Tsu

Gold Member

I'm confused. I thought you were trying to upload an image for us to see. Where can I already see it?

Nope. It's free. Just follow the directions I gave in the link.

19. Apr 3, 2004 #18

Tsu

Gold Member

Well, poop. I just tried to upload an image and got the dreaded 'cannot find server' page. Guess we'll have to wait a bit for the site to come back up. Bummer.

20. Apr 3, 2004 #19
    You'd probably want to save it as a .jpg, since .bmp's are huge.

cookiemonster

21. Apr 3, 2004 #20

Tsu

Gold Member

I'm sure glad you're here with the right answers. Here. Have another cookie! *holds out BIG choc chip macadamia nut cookie* :smile:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?