BBC's Humanitarian Assistance & Reconstruction Team

• News
  • Thread starter kat
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Assistance
In summary, the list from the BBC includes Jay Garner as head of the Office of Humanitarian Assistance and Reconstruction, Bruce Moore as northern area administrator, Barbara Bodine as central area administrator, Buck Walters as southern area administrator, George Ward as humanitarian aid, Lewis Lucke as reconstruction, and Michael Mobbs as civilian government. The conversation also mentions Ahmed Chalabi as a potential leader for post-transitional Iraq, with some concerns about his long absence from the country and potentially controversial past.
kat
This is the list from the BBC:

Jay Garner, head, Office of Humanitarian Assistance and Reconstruction
Bruce Moore, northern area administrator
Barbara Bodine, central area administrator
Buck Walters, southern area administrator
George Ward, humanitarian aid
Lewis Lucke, reconstruction
Michael Mobbs, civilian government

I'm somewhat familiar with Garner and Bodine. Anyone familiar with the rest of them?

Physics news on Phys.org
No. :(

The Iraqi whose name is being thrown around most now for the post-transitional dictator -- I mean democratic leader -- is Ahmed Chalabi. He is actually a pretty cool guy, a mathematician, but I am somewhat worried by the fact he's been out of the country for ~50 years, and may have spent a little too long in the ivory tower: at one point I saw him quoted as saying "the de-Baathification of Iraq must be a holistic social process." Hmmm.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/not_in_website/syndication/monitoring/media_reports/2291649.stm

I'm not so sure I would consider Ahmed Chalabi a "cool" guy.
I think he may have a somewhat tawdry hidden past (there are rumors). Time will tell.

1. What is the purpose of BBC's Humanitarian Assistance & Reconstruction Team?

The purpose of BBC's Humanitarian Assistance & Reconstruction Team is to provide support and assistance to communities affected by natural disasters, conflicts, and other humanitarian crises around the world. This includes delivering aid and resources, rebuilding infrastructure, and providing long-term support for recovery and reconstruction efforts.

2. How does BBC's Humanitarian Assistance & Reconstruction Team operate?

BBC's Humanitarian Assistance & Reconstruction Team operates through partnerships with local organizations and governments, as well as through collaborations with other international humanitarian agencies. They also rely on donations from individuals and organizations to fund their projects and initiatives.

3. Where does BBC's Humanitarian Assistance & Reconstruction Team provide aid?

BBC's Humanitarian Assistance & Reconstruction Team provides aid and assistance in various regions around the world, including areas affected by natural disasters, conflicts, and other humanitarian crises. They prioritize areas with the greatest need and work closely with local communities to identify and address their specific needs.

4. What types of aid and support does BBC's Humanitarian Assistance & Reconstruction Team provide?

BBC's Humanitarian Assistance & Reconstruction Team provides a range of aid and support, including emergency food and water, medical care, shelter, education, and livelihood programs. They also focus on long-term solutions to help communities rebuild and recover from crises, such as infrastructure reconstruction and economic development initiatives.

5. How can I get involved with BBC's Humanitarian Assistance & Reconstruction Team?

There are several ways to get involved with BBC's Humanitarian Assistance & Reconstruction Team, including making donations, volunteering with their projects and initiatives, and spreading awareness about their work. You can also check their website for any current job or internship opportunities.

Back