Administrative question

• Thread starter blixtra
  • Start date

blixtra

I am brand new here. This looks like a very good site.

In the spirit of playing within the rules, and the interest of clarity, rigorousness, and hopefully to simplify usefullness of future posts, is there a way to create posts in LyX/LaTeX format (q.v. attached pdf file)?

cristo

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Yes, latex is enabled on the forums. You can either format it manually yourself using [noparse] [tex][/tex] [/noparse] tags, or you can use the editor, which is available by pressing the sigma icon in the reply window.

jtbell

Mentor
I've never seen anybody produce a whole post (including text) in LaTeX, but I suppose it could be done by wrapping it in [ tex] [ /tex ] tags (after removing the spaces from inside the tags). However, I don't know if the text would be accessible to the forum search function, or Google.

I've never seen anybody produce a whole post (including text) in LaTeX, but I suppose it could be done by wrapping it in [ tex] [ /tex ] tags (after removing the spaces from inside the tags). However, I don't know if the text would be accessible to the forum search function, or Google.
Yeah that would be terrible waste of resources and we'd frown upon doing it.

Hurkyl

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
[tex] is comparable to \[. If you want to embed equations in a paragraph, use [itex], which is comparable to $.