Writing an Admission Cover Letter: A Struggle for Many

• Thread starter gazzo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Admission
In summary, writing an admission cover letter can be a difficult and daunting task, as it feels like the fate of one's acceptance is being written. Many people struggle with this, and some have never had to write one before. However, it is important to remember to write about what makes you unique and why you want to attend that specific college. This can make all the difference in the eyes of the admissions committee.
gazzo
Arrrgghh! Why is writing an admission cover letter so hard :frown:

It feels like the fate of my acceptance is being written as i write the stupid thing.

bah!

Have you guys ever faced this?

:cry:

Physics news on Phys.org
No, none of us ever went to college.

heh heh, eh.

I haven't (yet). I should be writing one of those in a couple of months.

I never had to write a letter or essay. Just an application and transcript, if I recall.

I only have written formal english letters in english language exams. By the way, I always make it HORRIBLE. :frown:

gazzo said:
Arrrgghh! Why is writing an admission cover letter so hard :frown:

Don't you also have to write an essay or a Statement of Purpose ? Or is that what you're talking about ?

I think the only reason I got accepted into Grad School was because I wrote a very "clever" SoP, heh heh. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Its actually not that bad guys. Just write down why you really want to go to college. Try to write your own answer, not "because I want a good job". They are looking for something that makes you unique.

CollectiveRocker said:
Its actually not that bad guys. Just write down why you really want to go to college. Try to write your own answer, not "because I want a good job". They are looking for something that makes you unique.

Not just why you want to go to college, but why you want to go to THEIR college. :wink: That is, if you're writing to a specific school.

1. Why is writing an admission cover letter considered a struggle?

Writing an admission cover letter can be a struggle because it requires you to effectively communicate your achievements, goals, and personality in a concise and compelling manner. It can also be daunting to try to stand out among many other applicants who are also vying for the same spot.

2. What should I include in my admission cover letter?

Your admission cover letter should include your background, education, relevant experiences, skills, and achievements that make you a suitable candidate for the program or institution you are applying to. It should also highlight your motivations and goals for seeking admission.

3. How long should an admission cover letter be?

An admission cover letter should typically be one page long, and should not exceed two pages. It is important to be concise and to the point, while still effectively conveying your qualifications and interests.

4. How can I make my admission cover letter stand out?

To make your admission cover letter stand out, you can highlight unique experiences or achievements that make you a strong candidate. You can also tailor your letter to the specific program or institution you are applying to, and showcase your passion and enthusiasm for the opportunity.

5. Is it necessary to have a professional proofread my admission cover letter?

Having a professional proofread your admission cover letter can be beneficial, as they can provide valuable feedback and catch any errors or typos that you may have missed. However, it is not necessary and you can also ask a trusted friend or family member to review your letter.