1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Admissions Essay Advice

1. Nov 10, 2011 #1
    I'm not sure if this belongs here, but I think it's close to where it need to be.

I'm trying to choose a topic for my most interesting experience for an essay for transferring, and I don't know what topics are appropriate. Can anyone help me sort through my options...?

I'm considering the following:
    my first experience with live classical music (problematic since I'm applying for a physics degree?)

seeing the bodies exhibit in 8th grade (that was four years ago =/)

getting lost and then finding my way home with a friend (it's a little more interesting than that, but it involves cutting through backwoods and sideyards...I think that's trespassing)

something academic, like reading about the Bohm-Aharnov or something else that's crazy cool (will be less personal, fail)

story about the time we rewired a campus speaker system (during a competition) to play our music (breaking some rules, fail)

I'm not sure what else to consider...thoughts?

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted