Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Ads blocking website load

1. Aug 29, 2012 #1

jim mcnamara

Staff: Mentor

For example, when I visit any page it is a crapshot whether it loads completely or not.

It seems to depend on what I get in the 'ad' header section. Most ads are fine, the Puritan Vitamin one is not okay. I just get the ad head, and IE says, "done". I have to punchctrl-R until I get a suitable heading. This is not painful for me.

Yes, I do know that supporting PF will get rid of the ads, but if this occurs to new users they are not going to stay very long.

I would assume this is an artifact of the firewall I am behind, except that there are only 2 sites that do this, PF and gocomics.com. (Hmm. Is there a deeper meaning here?) The 20+ others that I use regularly never have a problem.

Thanks for looking.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 29, 2012 #2
    Odd. IE has had some criticism, maybe it's a problem on its side? I don't think I've encountered this problem, so either Safari's better at loading webpages or I haven't encountered this ad. This is just a wild guess, though.

4. Aug 29, 2012 #3
    Thanks for notifying us. I'll email it to the ad support team and ban the ad.

5. Aug 30, 2012 #4

jim mcnamara

Staff: Mentor

Been on the site today for about 20 minutes. No loading problems. Thanks for your help.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook