Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Ads by Google

1. Nov 14, 2003 #1

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Those are the best ads I have ever seen!! That was a very very good choice putting those on this site

How do they work? I even saw a Dutch add !?

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 14, 2003 #2
    It's actually a very neat system. Google dyanmicly analyzes the page the ad is on and the user header information to serve relevant ads. Unfortunately they aren't bringing in much money so I may switch to another provider.

4. Nov 14, 2003 #3

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

ahw! keep the adds! :wink:

5. Nov 14, 2003 #4

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Actually, I am serious, most of the ads support good causes or provide nice links to interesting pages..

6. Nov 14, 2003 #5

FZ+

Well, greg, please please use a ad server like google that just does text ads instead of picture banners. No only would that give us the old bandwidth problems again, but that it takes forever to load, and is pretty distracting....

7. Nov 14, 2003 #6

dduardo

Staff Emeritus

What about hundreds of pop unders/over ads and some neat flashy flash animations that scream buy me.

hmm, i wouldn't mind :wink:

[edit] Also, what about selling our email addresses to spammers. And maybe including some advertisements in the monthly newsletter.

I can't get enough advertisments.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2003
  8. Nov 16, 2003 #7
    i never even noticed that there were ads in this forum...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?