Solving Advanced Math Problem | Checking Equations | College Knowledge Refreshed

In summary, the speaker is working on a problem and is seeking confirmation on the correctness of their equations. They also mention that the solution involves integrals and is wondering if using cylindrical coordinates would make the problem easier.
Micko
Hello to all,
I'm solving one interesting problem that basically tailor to the problem in attachment.
I'm pretty much sure I'm on the right track, but my knowledge of math became little rusty since colledge, so I need to ask fo confirmation.
Please have a look and tell me if I wrote these equation correctly.

Thank you

Attachments

• Area.pdf
    20.3 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
ya you are goin the right way...

vishal_garg said:
ya you are goin the right way...

Thank you, I was sure I'm on the right track. However I got integrals which are not so complicated but solution is rather complicated (arcsin and similar). I wondew if problem is easier with cilindrical coordinates...

Last edited:
hint: k=rcos[theta] is the equation of a circle polar coordinates

What is an advanced math problem?

An advanced math problem is a complex mathematical question that requires a deeper understanding of mathematical concepts and skills to solve. It often involves higher-level topics such as calculus, linear algebra, or abstract algebra.

Why are advanced math problems important?

Advanced math problems help us to develop critical thinking skills, problem-solving abilities, and analytical reasoning. They also allow us to explore and understand the world around us in a more technical and precise way.

What strategies can I use to solve advanced math problems?

Some strategies that can help you solve advanced math problems include breaking the problem down into smaller, more manageable parts, using visual aids or diagrams, and practicing regularly to improve your problem-solving skills.

What are some common mistakes to avoid when solving advanced math problems?

Some common mistakes to avoid when solving advanced math problems include not fully understanding the problem, using incorrect formulas or equations, and making calculation errors. It is also important to check your work and make sure your solution makes sense in the context of the problem.

How can I improve my skills in solving advanced math problems?

To improve your skills in solving advanced math problems, you can practice regularly, seek help from a tutor or teacher, and challenge yourself with more difficult problems. It is also helpful to review and understand the underlying concepts and principles behind the problems.